Sunshine Florida meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine Florida meet

Just talked with a friend in Kentucky and he says word is that the meet at Silver Sands will have a $500 Volusia permit cost. It's one thing to be a disgruntled member that doesn't like change but it is totally unacceptable to spread misinformation to discourage other members from attending. Hopefully it was just bad information but the facts have been listed and from earlier posts, I tend to think the former.
    The Silver Springs meet is under the umbrella of the AMCA so there are no permits to buy. $40 per spot is all you pay.
    Richard

Last I heard, there is some court wrangling going on. Vendors at other swaps being held in Volusia during Bike Week calling "foul," because the AMCA vendors are to get a "waiver" of fees embodied in Volusia County's tax code. So far, I haven't heard of it being officially resolved. Have you?
    Gerry Lyons #607
    http://www.37ul.com/
    http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

it's a show and swap meet. just show your parts. only sell them to someone with dirty hands who knows what the part is.tell the officials your not vendor. tell them the parts on your table are not for sale.you want a club member to see them and help you id them. your parts are for education display only.
      rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

be very quiet when the regestry police the sales tax police the vender fee police are around maby they wont see you .watch out for all that traffic around cabbage patch and all those police use to go there when there was a decent swap meet at volusia fairgrounds before the powers that be ruined it .thought i had died and went to heaven when i joined the club and started to go to eustis.no complaints from me about eustis . many of my friends are already singed up at eustis are two meets better than one i bet not but plan to enjoy both good luck to all paul bergeron minot maine

Comment

I've been vending at Eustis for years, and personally liked that the meet was the week before the Daytona crowd moved in. Because the powers that be moved the meet from Eustis and right in the middle of what I want to avoid, I've probably attended my last Sunshine Chapter Meet. I have always enjoyed this meet, especially at Eustis. Lots of great people. Too bad it had to change.
          Best regards,
          Stan

Comment

Time draws near to find out how all this plays out, but we wish everyone a safe trip to the events of your choise in Florida. Things have a way of working themselves out. Shelby

Comment

I just got home from the Sunshine Meet and most of the previous posts on this thread have me laughing and realizing how ridiculously paranoid and negative they were. I stopped going to Eustis several years ago because if it rained, as it frequently did, the clay bowl that is the fairgrounds became a mudpit for several days afterward. Additionally, my 60' rig would never have fit on the field.
              There was an impressive number of vendors at the show, many of whom had large rigs like mine. Space was definitely NOT an issue, even though there was an impressive number of vendors who did not take the bait and boycott the move, as it seems was the goal of many on the naysayers. Despite the traditional rain in the area, the field dried relatively quickly, enough that hip boots and canoes were not necessary and where water refused to drain off the roads, tractors quickly leveled the sandy surface and knocked down any area that prevented draining.
              I have to admit, I fell for the concerns about the proximity to the infamous Cabbage Patch, but after all was said and done, no hordes of drunken, renegade, thieving bikers swarmed the field from the dreaded Cabbage Patch camp grounds. I never saw the first naked woman either......maybe next year. The tax police and serial number police? Maybe they didn't get the memo or didn't see this thread, predicting what a damper they would provide to the Volusia County attendees but they were nowhere to be found, seizing bikes and taking vendors away in handcuffs for tax violations.
              My hat is off to Butch, Carl, Nancy, JoAnn, Marty, and all the other Sunshine Chapter members who had the foresight to undertake this move and put forth all the hard work that made it the success it was. The Sunshine Chapter meet will be on my agenda of must do's from now on.

Comment

Working...
              X