No announcement yet.

Cyclone Stolen !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i feel sick , thank god jeff and his wife were not hurt.
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=8531691
    www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

This is absolutely crazy. Thank goodness he didn't get hurt. This is the reason that I would never list my bike in a registery or advertise what I have, and always be prepared to use the second ammendment. Fricken carps.

Comment

Crazy is right!!! It sure seems to me that Jeff made an effort to share that Cyclone with all the exposure it has had. An incident like this could have others reconsider that angle and keep their rare machines out of the public eye. I can't say that I would blame anyone who made that decision after something like this. I'm really glad to hear that Jeff and his wife are O.K.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

This should be posted on all MC forums out there. I already posted over at 1130cc.com and I think if this is done, someone just might know who and someting about this.

Makes me sick, theives should be shot. Wonder though, why in a high end neighborhood why alarm systems either were not on or activated. If they had alarms and they were on perhpas these were bypassed and from
          the sounds of this, I believe these people know the owner and his habits.

Comment

I just dug out and read an article from the Fall 1995 issue of Earlyriders that said Jeff's bike is one of only two examples with a "ported" engine. After some further digging.. http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...-numbers/page8 I borrowed a pic from Jurassic of Don John's racer. That takes care of the second example. Jeff's bike is rarer than rare. I see the news is building up steam on the internet... here's another report http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...-estates-home/ Have you heard anything else Chris?

Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

i cant believe the guy didn't have a security system. i'm not so good a making friends so i ll be the one to say it " smells fishy" i have more security on my 45.then a guy has on a 1.5 mill bike in bel air no way.
              rob ronky #10507
              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                i cant believe the guy didn't have a security system. i'm not so good a making friends so i ll be the one to say it " smells fishy" i have more security on my 45.then a guy has on a 1.5 mill bike in bel air no way.
                my 45 is my security
                Kevin Valentine 13
                EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Midamerica auctions ,, Spreads too much hub-bub on every publication CYCLONE SELLS $$

Sorry to hear the news , but im glad jeff and his wife are ok. I never liked seeing MIDAMERICA ,,CYCLONE SELLS FOR 556,400.. or any other auction house advertising on our AMCA mag or any other mag stating record prices for very rare machines. This could and probably did ??? prompt theives to pull this heist. ??? LOOK AT THE BACK OF OUR AMCA !!! Does auction house advertising really help our hobby ?? I dont think so.. Jeff we will all be on the look out . We all fell for you ..

Comment

I was talking about this down at the PD today with some of the guys.

Our general concensus was that these bikes were on a private jet out of L.A. within 2 hours of the heist. Either to someone in Japan, the Middle East or Russia. That's just conjecture... but I wouldn't bet against it. That they took the early Honda is interesting. There is such a small collector market for such a thing...

This was a 'stolen to order' job if there ever was one.

LAPD has a pretty good 'special services' unit that focuses on this kind of thing. Oddball thefts, art, high-profile crimes, etc. If anyone can track this down, they can do it. Let's hope this has a happy ending.

Cheers,

Sirhr
                    Last edited by sirhrmechanic; 02-06-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I'm thinkin' one of these GPS trackers might be a good investment..http://www.guidepointsystems.com/motorcycles/mcfaq.html

Comment

I spoke to Jeff today, and he and his wife are doing OK, although they're obviously shaken by the experience. I've just posted a story in the News section of the website with information about the two stolen machines. The second bike is a 1962 (not '52) Honda (not Kawasaki) CR110, a DOHC 50cc production racer. You'll find photos of both with the story here: http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/ind...t01returnid=97

Understanding that these thieves knew what they were getting, Jeff asks for the help of AMCA members in watching for these machines. In his words, “We want to make things as difficult as possible for the bad guys.”

Let's hope we get lucky here.

Bill Wood

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                          I don't know man, if a hacker can get to government and military stuff then I would think it wouldn't be very hard to crack a home security code. These bikes are going to somebody with big money, so I'm sure people were paid well for their efforts. This really sucks. I hope the LAPD figures this out.
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Posted the AMCA write up over on the Adventure Riders forum. That forum has people riding & posting from some pretty crazy places on the planet. If you have dogs, and they are inside, chances of hacking one of those would be soemthing with a lot of noise!

Comment

[QUOTE=sirhrmechanic;117775]I was talking about this down at the PD today with some of the guys.

Our general concensus was that these bikes were on a private jet out of L.A. within 2 hours of the heist. Either to someone in Japan, the Middle East or Russia. That's just conjecture... but I wouldn't bet against it. That they took the early Honda is interesting. There is such a small collector market for such a thing...

This was a 'stolen to order' job if there ever was one.

One of my first thoughts was that this really had the feel of a contract job.... I hope that someone is able to track them down, bikes, thieves AND any "buyer(s)".
                              tombat
                              Mike Carver
                              AMCA #3349

Comment

Originally posted by ricmoran View Post
                                Posted the AMCA write up over on the Adventure Riders forum. That forum has people riding & posting from some pretty crazy places on the planet. If you have dogs, and they are inside, chances of hacking one of those would be soemthing with a lot of noise!
                                Good to hear. The more noise about this the better.

Some more reports...

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...da_million.php

It seems Jeff figures he was followed home. It reminded me of the fella I saw a couple years ago at a swap. He had some miscellaneous flathead stuff on his table. A guy he knew asked how his projects were going and he said, "this is the last of it, I'm sick and tired of people following me home to case my place, so they can rip me off!"

http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/201...ing-honda.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_(motorcycle)#Theft
                                Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X