White Rose Antique Meet 1977

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Rose Antique Meet 1977

Here's a great post from Knuckle Duster 1939..... http://knucklebuster1939.blogspot.co...meet-1977.html anybody recognize any faces??
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Thanks for posting that Cory! Check out Robin Markey. What a kid. That 35 "zebra " Cheif was the one that was "picked" by Mike Wolf down in NC on an episode of American Pickers. Bob Markey in his youth too! Too cool.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA # 12766

Comment

I'm glad you enjoyed it Tom. Here's another installment just in case you haven't seen it yet. http://knucklebuster1939.blogspot.co...1977-more.html
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Cory,
        Thanks and by the way that bike is at Dale's WTT along with his racing jersey!! I have been going to Jefferson for the hillclimbs since about '76 but was unaware of the AMCA at the time. Was about 4 hrs each way back then, 5 with beer and piss breaks. I was riding my 46 knuckle bobber all over the place and never thought twice about heading out anywhere on it. Had the bike long before that but with a 10 over narrow glide front end with no brake, Z bars, tack welded chain for a shifter and true suicide clutch set up and a C/G king /queen seat with 3 ' sissy bar. Managed to trade most of that stuff straight up for stock springer w/ brake and handle bars and low seat. Much better!!! On the lift for the first top end since 76. Still have that bike to this day!! Ah the good old days!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
        AMCA # 12766

Comment

Thanks for checking out the Blog. I have bunch more White Rose Stuff to post.

AKA - Knucklebuster1939

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
            Cory,
            Thanks and by the way that bike is at Dale's WTT along with his racing jersey!! I have been going to Jefferson for the hillclimbs since about '76 but was unaware of the AMCA at the time. Was about 4 hrs each way back then, 5 with beer and piss breaks. I was riding my 46 knuckle bobber all over the place and never thought twice about heading out anywhere on it. Had the bike long before that but with a 10 over narrow glide front end with no brake, Z bars, tack welded chain for a shifter and true suicide clutch set up and a C/G king /queen seat with 3 ' sissy bar. Managed to trade most of that stuff straight up for stock springer w/ brake and handle bars and low seat. Much better!!! On the lift for the first top end since 76. Still have that bike to this day!! Ah the good old days!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
            AMCA # 12766
            Tom! That was a cool snapshot in time! Thanks! Have you ever posted a shot of your Knuck? It sounds like it may have character.

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
            Thanks for checking out the Blog. I have bunch more White Rose Stuff to post.

AKA - Knucklebuster1939
            Arggh... Knucklebuster not "duster"! Whoops.... I check your blog out once a week or so and you always seem to post cool stuff. Thanks!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Cory.
              attached is a shot of Herm's Zebra bike when it changed hands at Oley...I think Mike Wolf only "picked" the shirt but I don't watch the show much...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Hollywood; 01-29-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I've often thought that bike was a bit on the homely side. Having said that, I hope nobody ever repaints it!!!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Cory, I just posted the 1978 White Rose Antique Meet Pictures.

Comment

Right on!!! Thanks!

http://knucklebuster1939.blogspot.co...meet-1979.html
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

WHITE ROSE PROGRAMS

If anyone is interested in the White Rose programs, email me at indianrobn@aol.com, many years are still available for purchase.

Robin Markey

Comment

Another batch of treasure! Super cool Red Wolverton/Steve McQueen shot!!

http://knucklebuster1939.blogspot.co...que-rally.html
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                        X