virtual library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual library

Anybody else having trouble with the library, I tried two browsers and several downloads for the '43 Indian Manual and all I get is a corrupted file or just the cover page.

Tom:

I sent you an e-mail about this yesterday. Yes, there is a problem with that document. I just PM'ed you a link where you can download it directly.

Everybody:

We are experiencing problems with a small percentage of the documents in the version of the Virtual Library. Some of the original files are very large--for instance, this '43 Indian Manual is more than 300 megabytes. And it appears the new Library software has an upper limit on how large a file it can handle. We're trying to figure out what that upper limit is, so we can come up with a solution. There are ways to reduce the sizes of some of these files, but we need to know which ones are causing the problem.

If you experience a problem downloading a file from the Library, please let me know about it. I'll need to know exactly which file is causing the problem. As a temporary fix, I may be able to send you a link to a location where you can get that file. I will then add it to the list of problem files that we'll try to fix.

So far, I know about this file and the Goulding Sidecar brochure (which isn't very big, but is a problem anyway).

Thanks for the help.

Bill Wood

Comment

Bill, can they be downloaded or sent as a .zip file?
      Lonnie Campbell #9908
      South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Lonnie:

I've done some testing, and it appears we can work some magic in Adobe Acrobat to compress the files without requiring people to unpack a .zip file. But that requires access to the original files (not the ones that are loaded on the Library website). I have access to those now, so I hope to be able to fix these issues as they arise.

Bill Wood

Comment

Working...
        X