Bonhams Las Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonhams Las Vegas?

Sooooo... anyone else got the Bonhams Las Vegas catalog?

I, personally, am contemplating several more years of Ramen noodles, turning the Thermostat down and selling the cats into indentured servitude in order to do some bidding.

Damn you to hell, Bonhams... why must you print such nice catalogs...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sirhr! I just went through the online catalog http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/publi...b/publicSite.r It looks like I've got to round up a cool half million to gather up the 5 bikes I want to come and live at my place!!! I was surprised that the strap-tank replica H-D type machines have some of the highest estimates. I sure would like to bid on that Pope. I hope it doesn't vanish into a hidden, air tight room somewhere!!!

O.K. that link above won't work for some reason. You can navigate the bikes from this page... http://www.bonhams.com/USA/sale/19679/1/ the motorcycles start at Lot 201
    Last edited by c.o.; 01-10-2012, 06:26 PM.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Whoops....In re-reading some of the listings, I see that the one strap-tank bike has an original engine and is an AMCA judged bike.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Cory, Thanks for posting the link. I enjoyed looking at the offerings. John L.

Comment

here is mid america
          http://www.midamericaauctions.com/
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

No problem John!

Jeez Rob, I've got to go buy another lottery ticket now to try and make both auctions....
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

And while you are there you can go to this one also http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event...eserve=&page=7

Comment

Whoa... it looks like I'm going to have to bring a tractor/trailer.....
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks for the other 2 links. I did recieve a catalog from Mid-AM but not from the other 2. I'm sort of a shallow, narrow-minded HD guy so I guess the RM auction interests me most. Does anyone know why all 3 auction companies decided to hold their auctions simultaneously? John L.

Comment

Howdy chaps,

Better strap up with a very full wallet here's what $4,750.00 will get you. They're posting sales at their site live as they go in case you'd like to start your whining early over missed "opportunities" as I have.....hardly opportunities at these prices it's looking at this point and they haven't even gotten to the bikes yet.
                    Last edited by PRG; 01-12-2012, 04:58 PM.
                    Cheerio,
                    Peter
                    1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Those are some seriously insane prices. I know you can't make some of that stuff (one off) for those prices. And original parts beat repop parts.... but, damn!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Scrolling through and parts prices are nutzo. But there are what I would consider some bike bargains there. The Scott Squirrel... a couple of those Indian Four's... Yes, restoration is expensive... but there will come a day when those prices seem cheap.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Wow! Some of that stuff got up into the stratosphere!!! I can see where money could be made by parting out a bike!!! I would agree though Sirhr that there were a few bargains to be had.
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

...and Cory, I would say this Black Shadow at $122k needing a mechanical going through at a minimum was not one of them.

That is the death knell for a single marque club hoping to retain any rider/mechanical type's interest, ie, Brough Superior.
                            Cheerio,
                            Peter
                            1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I agree Peter. I've often thought that it would be nice to have a Vincent. Prices like that are quick mind changers!! Sure the odd one might show up for a deal but once it hits the wonderful worldwide web and the big auction houses, it's a deep pockets game.
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X