An open letter to Carl Olsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open letter to Carl Olsen

Carl, several years ago I sold you 40 Knucklehead rear exhaust pipes. You advertised and sold them on your website as correct. This year when you wanted more, and I would not lower the price on them, you declined to buy any. I had another batch made and advertised them on the AMCA website. I had several inquires asking if they were the same pipes you were selling. As the Chief Judge in this club, and undoubtably a very knowledgable Knucklehead guy, I figured if the pipes were quality enough for you to sell, they were good enough for me to keep selling, so I answered yes, they were the exact same pipes.
    Today I got a telephone call from someone asking if I saw your response to my thread. What a surprise to see an officer of this club take time out of his day to downgrade something I was selling. I have to ask you, are you giving money back to all of the club members who bought those "incorrect" pipes from you? If you see one of those "incorrect" pipes on a motorcycle you are judging will you deduct points? Did you ever think that instead of criticizing my pipes and talking up your "correct " pipes (that you don't even have yet), it may have been easier to start your own thread.
    The last time I checked I didn't see any negative comments about either me or the pipes I've been selling in the vendor rating forum. I've been into antique motorcycles for over 35 years, and vending for at least half of those years, and this is the first time I have had any issues with anyone. Your negative comments were neither expected or appreciated.
    Respectfully, Philip Santora

Phil,
    When I bought those pipes from you a couple of years ago you approached me to buy out the lot because "you did not want to be a salesman". We negotiated a fair price for both of us and I sent you the money, when I got the pipes I called you with some issues that I had and you agreed with me on them. Fast forward to last summer before Davenport, you contacted me about making another run, but the price had increased and the issues had not been addressed so I declined. I sought out another vendor to make the same product, but more correct and have received a sample for approval and they are being manufactured as we speak. My being the Chief Judge of the AMCA has nothing to do with your pipes or for that matter my business, Carl's Cycle Supply has been built on honesty and quality service and parts. We strive for perfection in every part we make and have a reputation for excellent products, the customer can choose how and when they want to spend their hard earned money and with whom. We live in a free country and that is one of our rights, but what gives you the right to use my name and position in promoting your product without my permission? As for your rear header pipe, it is a very good product and was once cost effective for me to use, but I moved on and so should you.
    Carl
    http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Carl, my recollection of the conversations we had pertaining to our business dealings is somewhat different than yours. But you are right about 2 things, I am not a salesman. you are, and it is time to move on.

Comment

Working...
      X