New Years Day Ride Round Top Oahu Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Day Ride Round Top Oahu Hawaii

If your in the cold com'on for a ride in Hawaii.

Videos taken riding into a tropical rainforest mountain road minutes out of Waikiki:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNElP...PGJ_v9jDHS5yxb

This is in 2 segments, the first is short, about 7 minutes, the second is about 20 minutes of twisties ending at Punchbowl Memorial of the Pacific. The second video can be found at the top of the video frame just below the header which is a tab that says 2 videos.
    Last edited by ricmoran; 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM.

I just made it through the first one but thought I would comment now. That was awesome!!!! Thanks a lot! It looks like you've got some great twisties in your neck of the woods!!!! Great... now I've got spring fever... it's a countdown now. It's only about 4 months away!!!! O.K. now to part 2....
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Given that we are sitting in -9 degrees with a cool breeze wafting out of the North at about 1000 miles per hour... thanks. Remind me why we live in the tundra? Great videos. I can't wait to get the '46 out again in Spring. Cheers, Sirhr

Comment

Outstanding ! Thanks for the ride. One question, how did you mount/hold the camera ?
        Rick
        Last edited by DuoGlide62; 01-04-2012, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the kind remarks, the upload took several hours to do. Something about the video size I suppose. I have a couple more of a ride from the central part of the island to the North Shore and around the east side which is a beach/ocean ride that I'll post over time.

The camera was held with a chest mount "Chesty" by Go Pro:

http://pointofviewcameras.com/chesty...accessory.html

And Flea Bay has some items including the Chsty listed as well:

http://stores.ebay.com/snow-and-sun1...sub=2620483013

Stay warm fellas!

Now to find some tires for the bike..........

Comment

That was great, thanks.
            Now I can "check off" riding a '39 Knucklehead in Hawaii off my bucket list.
            It's cold here in Cleveland. enjoy, Bob
            Bob

Comment

I've done both myself.

I used to live in Bedford and rode the 39 I had then all over Ohio, and then took it to Louisiana. It was stolen from me in Baton Rouge in 1977. Talked about a PO'd biker. I found the rear tire on one fellas bike and asked him where he got it. He told me to go to hell and I replied, I will be sitting over there in my van, when you leave, you best be watching in your rear view mirrors cause I am going to run your butt over at the first stop you make and then am reversing over you again.

I sat there for a bit, then made a call to the cops and nothing ever came of it. The cops never showed as apparently when they looked at the file and saw it was an Ohio tag on the bike they took the easy way out.

The guy walked off leaving his bike in front of the store where I saw it. Never saw him or the bike again. I left thinking it was a total waste of time.

I was one of the first to run a Avon 15" automotive radial tires in the Nation back then. There was a screw that struck the tire from the bobbed fender that gouged the center section of the tire and that is how I knew the tire came off my 39 bobber.

Since being from Ohio, to the coon asses in Louisiana am a scourge Yankee. Hopefully the perp was run over by a garbage truck as I wish this on all bike thieves.

Comment

Since this is your thread I guess we can sidetrack a bit.
                I've spent some time in the south also, working offshore oil rigging out of Morgan City. I made the mistake of answering the question, "where ya from".
                I found myself a hundred miles in the gulf with coon ass who hated me. I'll never understand the resentment to this day over the Civil War.
                I also have no tolerance for thieves. I have a 47EL that I spent my most of my life bringing back. I don't know what I'd do if it was stolen.
                I called the Ohio State Patrol yesterday to ask a few questions about titling a bike built from parts, before I start another "life long" project. They make it
                difficult, but I'm hoping it deters thieves from stealing, disassembling & spreading it across the country like was prevalent back in the '70's. Basically, I found out if the motor isn't Titled, you need to have a notorized receipt of all the major parts & have it inspected then they rivet a new Vin plate on the frame. They won't accept receipts from Ebay or Craig's list. Its a good thing my plan is more of a low cost "mutt" bike. -Bob
                Bob

Comment

Sitting here in Forestville N.Y. on a 4 degree winter day,4 inches of snow {been a smooth winter so far] I never thought i would be taking a ride in Hawaii .Thank You can't wait for spring.

Comment

Will be posting more rides around Oahu on the Knuck, find your sunglasses, Mai Tai and sun lamp! Got to figure out how to load these longer videos in a shorter amount of time though. Those 2 took about 7 hours to up load, yikes, even with Hawaii time and Polynesian paralysis that is a long time.....

Comment

Working...
                    X