Of intresting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of intresting

Some one just sent me this tid-bit. Can't find anything to disprove it on the net. Bob L

SOMETHING YOU MAY NOT KNOW
    THAT IS HAPPENING

Who is buying companies that manufacture guns?????
    For the last several years a company called 'The Freedom Group' has been
    buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are:
    • Bushmaster Firearms International (Semi-Automatic Rifles/Pistol);

• Marlin Firearms (High Power Rifles/Shotguns/Revolvers);

• Remington (Shotguns/Rifles/AMMO);

• DPMS (wide range of Military & Civilian Rifles);

• Dakota Arms (Fine Hunting & Safari Rifles and AMMO); and,

• H & R (Superior Rifles/Shotguns/Pistols).
    Some people worry that 'The Freedom Group' is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.
    Now if you do some digging you will see that 'The Freedom Group' is owned by a company called 'Cerberus Capital Management'.
    Guess who controls Cerberus??? Right! GEORGE SOROS !!!!!!!!!
    One of the most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.
    Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the 'mainstream-media' ? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance)
    If you don't know who George Soros is you need to do some research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.
    Send this to every gun owner in America.
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

That's been floating around some of the gun forums. It's not a concern.

This was debunked on Snopes.com, which is the premiere site for verifying urban legends of all types.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp

I love Snopes...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I went to snoops and couldn't find anything. Sorry folks! bob L
      Last edited by Robert Luland; 01-03-2012, 06:52 AM.
      AMCA #3149

Comment

Don't let "the man" get you down!

Kerry
        Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

With all due respect.. I play with with old motorcycles not guns, Make no mistake I am well armed when it comes to protecting my family ... but guys, where is the line to this site.. ...I mean really... My father served 5 years overseas in WW 2 but even I can draw the line at parking lot chatter. I am I out to lunch here?
          Last edited by Ross; 01-02-2012, 11:01 PM.
          Ross

Comment

Bob may be a little off but inalienable rights are slipping away. Little by little. I know we shouldn't get political here but the powers that be have been shaving little slivers for years. At some time they may just ban older vehicles or just tax them out of existance for use on public roads. May not be in our lifetimes. Bob seems to be pro 2A and so am I. Bob also lives in one of the most anti 2A states along with Illinois and the foreign country of NYC. What happened to your rights Ross up north?? When they pretty much banned all carry firearms did it reduce crime?? Or is it just the criminals who are the ones with them? You know the saying, "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns".
            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Steve, I agree with you 100%. But! I didn't post it to make a political statement. It was just something I found of interest and since 99% of people that are in to old iron are also in to guns, I figured I'd share. I did research it first and Snoops didn't come up with anything. I'm sorry it turned out to be bullshit. Now as far as posting it here. I don't know if anyone here noticed lately? This forum is dead. I'd be happy to see anything posted. Bob L

Four kids, my wife, two X-wives and my self. All NRA life members. Ya, I'm pro-second admement and damm proud of it! Now that's a political statment!

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson
              Last edited by Robert Luland; 01-03-2012, 08:52 AM.
              AMCA #3149

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
                What happened to your rights Ross up north?? When they pretty much banned all carry firearms did it reduce crime?? Or is it just the criminals who are the ones with them? You know the saying, "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns".
                Ross makes some good points.
                But to clear the air a bit about Canadian firearms law. Handguns have been restricted, requiring a licence to own and transport and special licence to carry on the person since at least 1930, in my recollection. Firearms owners have been required for many years to pass a firearms safety examination for either "long guns" (hunting rifles and shotguns and target firearms) or for restricted firearms (pistols, short guns, etc.). Safe storage of firearms is required by law and emphasized in the training courses for new firearms owners. Pistols, restricted firearms and prohibited firearms (machine guns, artillery, etc.) must be registered but are still permitted in firearms collections. Long guns were subject to registration for a number of years but that requirement is to be abandoned (as was an earlier registration effort in 1940) and the records destroyed.

Firearms homicides, suicides and accident rates have always been lower in Canada than in the US. The various examination and training courses and hunter safety courses which have been part of the Canadian "firearms scene" for the last 40 years have resulted in further declines in these rates.

Getting back to motorcycles and "inalienable rights", all provinces in Canada have motorcycle helmet requirement laws. Motorcycle fatality rates in Canada are considerably lower than in the US.

AFJ

Comment

I think any topic of interest is fair game. Our gun rights are a topic that many motorcyclists are interested in. If you don't like the topic, don't read it, but please don't censor it as long as it stays civil.

Comment

I recall a discussion not long ago about Canadians and firearms. The numbers show that PER CAPITA, Canadians own more guns than Americans and the percentage of owners is greater. They also have a much lower percentage of gun related incidents as pointed out by AFJ!
                    Much of this goes directly with what he stated about education. In this country due to legal fears on the part of every agency the sensible teaching of safe firearm use is banned from virtually every campus, civic organization, community programs, etc. But television glorification of shooting violence prospers. That says a lot about this country and its priorities!
                    And despite how much I like my 1911, I really like my SA XD45 with 13 rounds in the magazine!!
                    Robbie
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I know I would register all my guns if we had a system in place like our friends to the north do. But we don’t. As long as everyone is allowed to protect their property as well as their neighbor’s property, I’ll all for it.
                      ------------
                      Steve
                      AMCA #7300

Comment

Registration leads to confiscation no matter what county you live in Steve. All it takes is a wind in the political game.
                        AMCA #3149

Comment

twelve seconds to find this.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp

Comment

Well this tread just got turned in to a circus. I don't understand the point of your post other than being able to use keyboard and being a jackass? This is a perfect example of why nobody comes here. Whining bitches! Bob L
                            AMCA #3149

Comment

The point is, finding the truth only takes a little effort. Spreading a lie is kinda sorta lying, no ?
                              Fear mongering is not the way to win friends and influence people.
                              The NRA's Institute for Legislative Action even refuted it on their website.
                              The circus started with the original post. Let's keep it real.
                              Rick

Internet Rumors About Cerberus, Freedom Group Are Patently False

Friday, October 14, 2011

Recently, an old rumor regarding Cerberus--the private equity firm that owns Freedom group, a holding company that in turn owns a number of firearms manufacturers, including Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, and DPMS--was in some way tied to George Soros.

This rumor is completely false and baseless.

NRA has had contact with officials from Cerberus and Freedom Group for some time. The owners and investors involved are strong supporters of the Second Amendment and are avid hunters and shooters.

In reality, at no time has George Soros ever been a part of the ownership group of Freedom Group or Cerberus, and as a privately traded corporation, there is no possibility that he will be in the future.

This unsubstantiated rumor has caused a great deal of unnecessary concern for gun owners. NRA-ILA urges our members to take great care before repeating baseless rumors found on the Internet.
                              Last edited by DuoGlide62; 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X