Harley-Davidson Ride-In Show Daytona 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley-Davidson Ride-In Show Daytona 2012

I have been speaking with some of the folks at Harley-Davidson about how to improve their ride-in show in Daytona in March. I do not know if I am wasting my time or not but I'd like to try and help build this show to the next level.

What would YOU recommend Harley-Davidson do to improve their annual ride-in show?

What would it take to get YOU to bring your original, restored or custom motorcycle to the Harley-Davidson show during Daytona Bike Week?
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Originally posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
    What would it take to get YOU to bring your original, restored or custom motorcycle to the Harley-Davidson show during Daytona Bike Week?
    $4,852.83

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotton, that's funny!
      Buzz, I guess you got your answer.
      Too long a ride for me, at least until I get the bike broke in.
      Bob

Comment

Buzz, even though I live in Florida, I stopped going to Daytona over 10 years ago. It's just not worth the hassle. Way too much traffic, too many weirdos (not the fun kind), and dangerous on too many levels. This may be a speculative statement but I think the people that are attracted to Daytona during bike week are young and not necessarily interested in antique motorcycles. I think I'm being generous with that statement because my real opinion is much more cynical. I think H-D knows their target demographic very well and I can't believe members of the AMCA are even on the outer band of that target. Still, I admire you for want to bring some class to their ride-in show.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Hello Where is the show?Wall Street.Or China were they make all there "PINS-PATCHES"and COLLECTABLES. See you all at the VMC swap meet in Eustis on March 9-10-2012 thank you

Comment

So people would rather curse the darkness than light a candle? Not me.

Here is an opportunity to possibly change things, even a little and all we get it anger and complaints.

I know this club has some creative people, we don't need the sarcasm or anger, we need some creative recommendations and support.

Whoever said "if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem" was on to something.
            Buzz Kanter

Comment

Buzz, I think Lloyd just laid it on the line. The motor company could care a rats ass about us. Plain and simple, we are not revenue but more of a thing that gets in their way of making such. I wish ya all the luck trying though. Bob L
              AMCA #3149
              http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Buzz: I love ride in shows but live in Western MD, riding a 1942 U to Daytona in the Spring is a bit too much for me, guess I'm just gettin' old. The question: How far must I ride my machine to meet the ride in qualifications? Met you at Mountainfest. Ron Amos, Big Pool, MD

Comment

At Daytona the last 2 years there were more antiques on the sreet than I have seen in 16 years of attending.Warm sunny weather might help though!

Comment

When and where?

Hey Buzz, let me know when and where and I will bring a few of my friends with vintage HD's to the event. Hopefully it is being held at Rossmeyer's new museum that is slated to open that week!
                    Later Carl N. Sorenson

Originally posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
                    So people would rather curse the darkness than light a candle? Not me.

Here is an opportunity to possibly change things, even a little and all we get it anger and complaints.

I know this club has some creative people, we don't need the sarcasm or anger, we need some creative recommendations and support.

Whoever said "if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem" was on to something.

Comment

A ride in show is just that - a ride in. Could be a few hundred feet or hundreds of miles. Don't know anything about a Rossmeyer museum. Typically Harley holds their Daytona Bike Week bike show on Wednesday. More details to follow as I can.
                      Buzz Kanter

Comment

Please contact me

Hi Buzz - could you please contact me at scout1930@aol.com
                        Thanks, Carl

Comment

hey buzz buzz of. this is a forum for the a.m.c.a not a vessell to promote harley-davidson venues.

Comment

Way Hoe there Bobalooee...this is Parking lot Chatter...If it is even remotely connected to old motorcycles ..I'm cool with that...and... I'm always interested in the likes of Buzz and what he has to say. From the frozen North...
                            Ross

Comment

Howdy Buzz,

I'm assuming you're talking about the casual one held in front of the convention center for years with a band playing, eh? No pimp'n HD products, really. Kinda fun, noone took themselves too seriously and the Boardwalk was a block away for the ...ahem, thirstier attendees. Actually preferred it to the Boardwalk chopper show on Friday becuase you weren't facing the full brunt of the salt air and sand blowing off the beach and it was easier to beat a hasty exit out of the venue afterwards.

But, can't recall seeing HD at the Convention center lately and vaguely recall them being up in Ormand now which kinda changes things as previous attempts by promoters to lure older machinery up there have not been successful. With the demise of the vintage races at the Speedway last year and now all of the activity (auction) in Deland cancelled, Eustis in turmoil, it'll be interesting to see if the vintage ranks remain in number at Bike Week in general.

For the first time in over 20 years this'll be a short week there for me as a result. Glad to have had the chance to enjoy the high years, like your Indian/HD/Euro shows at the museum back in the 90's.
                              Last edited by PRG; 12-01-2011, 02:22 PM.
                              Cheerio,
                              Peter
                              1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Working...
                              X