title/sales tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• title/sales tax

hi, i live in pa and was wondering if anyone would know of a legal way to title bikes i have bought without having to pay the unfair %6 tax on these vintage bikes, the titles i have have been signed over to me already and the amounts are clear, can i sell it cheap to someone else and buy it back?? looking for any help i can get , thanks chris

If PA law is like the law of other states, you cannot count on paying less tax by entering into a sweetheart deal to sell your bike and then buy it back cheap. Most DMVs have caught on to that approach and passed regulations to require you to pay tax on the higher of the actual price or the fair market value. It also might be fraud to tell the DMV that the bike cost you less than it really did, so be careful.

Roy

Comment

thanks roy, that is what i figured, but you here alot of chatter about how these things are done and title co.s that can do things also, makes you wonder if there is a legal loop hole. thanks chris

Comment

titles

Go to http://www.broadwaytitle.com This is how I titled my 57165st and a 38el chopper. Basically they send you a bill of sale and you put the price on it yourself. Perfectly legal in most states. The web site will answer all your questions.

Rousseau

Comment

Working...
        X