Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early/Teens Service Manuals - Who is Reproducing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early/Teens Service Manuals - Who is Reproducing?

Anyone know if antique motorcycle books is reproducing early/ teens service manuals? Their website is down. Anyone else know who, if anyone, is reproducing? Thanks.

Believe it or not, you can still buy these from Harley Davidson...

Go to www.harley-davidson.com then enter a search for "Antique Literature". Order them from there.

Examples of what's available:

1911-1930 Operations / Maintenance / Specifications Book (H-D Part #99405-93)
    Reprints of original owner's manuals for single, twin and sidecar models produced from 1911-1930, plus additional technical documentation. Service Manuals were not produced during this time.

1917-1949 Shop Dope / Service Bulletins (H-D Part #99410-93)
    Reprints of most of the technical data used by technicians to service 1917-1949 H-DŽ motorcycles.

Or, just take those H-D part #'s to your nearest modern dealership and give 'em a brain sprain.
    Hope that helps,
    IRon

Comment

thanks Iron, I did not know that. I know Pope had manuals as early as 1914, not sure if they had anything earlier. Likewis I was hoping to get some early detroit henderson service info if available if anyone knows where these might be being reproduced? thanks

Comment

have you tried our very own library??

they even let you donate literature to increase it.

aka HAWG
        1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
        1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
        1940 indian chief military
        1965 sportster xlch
        1969 sportster xlch bobber
        1971 bsa A65 chopper
        1969 harley ss350 sprint
        1960 harley topper
        1963 harley topper
        H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
        H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
        1949 harley model 125 bobber project
        1959 harley model 165
        1960 harley super 10
        1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
        EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Parkerize, try Antique Motorcycle Works, (aka boardtracker on ebay). They maintain Ted Gump's catalog of reprint literature; with Henderson and Excelsior stuff in particular.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks guys, I forgot about AMW. I know they don't have Pope items from past dealings but yes on the Hen and X books. I will also check our own library, thanks and all the best.

Comment

I have a couple of pope booklets from the teens as well as some motorcycle illustrated mag with pope stuff what year are you looking for I can copy what I have and I still have some N.O.S pope parts as well as used one's

Comment

Working...
              X