early ? late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early ? late

Ok who out there is the guru that has info re early year model details vs. late model details,determined by vin #.As you know there have always been changes thyroughout the year.Trying to iron out the fine details on a restoration on a 1953 FLE before going to the choping block.Example my speedo if early model would have a white speedo pointervs late model with red pointer.
    What do you think.Dont use palmers book as a source.
    Pete

Ahhhh...Perry?

Comment

Ahhh ... Paul - I don't have any specific information regarding mid year changes. I think it's generally accepted that 53 had a white needle. Unless one has specific documentation to back their claim to a red needle, it's probably easier to paint the needle white than fight the judges ... Perry

Comment

One of my customers has an original paint 53 with 20000 miles on it, and it has a white needle.

Comment

Ahhhh.....Matt. Thanks for confirm. Perry has retained far too much knowledge. "Drinks all round".

Comment

Mines got a Red Needle

I've got an original,unrestored 53 with a red needle. Where does that put me?
            Eng # 53FL2219
            Tommo

Comment

Since the beginning of the assembly line, distracted or disgruntled factory workers have grabbed the wrong parts by honest mistake, created one-of-a-kind machines to make their personal mark on the future, and made do with what they had on hand when the line was moving but their part box was empty!

Comment

This is excellent! YES! There are variences. Documented from factory variences. So how do you judge such things? It drives me crazy.
                Hopefully we will get more from other owners.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AdminGuy
                  Ahhhh.....Matt. Thanks for confirm. Perry has retained far too much knowledge. "Drinks all round". [/QUOTE

I'm too young to drink...

Comment

Yes oh great ones,looks like the safe bet is the white pointer.Yanos at the speedo shop sites both pointers are
                    correct.White pointer early,Red late model and also found on
                    54 models.So if only vin. # could help FLE4227 are my motor
                    numbers.I guarantee you there are judges with both opinions
                    out there.SHOULD PRINT THIS THREAD FOR JUDGING DOCUMENTATION
                    Pete

Comment

I know that Matt. Sorry. Foods on me.

Comment

Working...
                      X