Is this Real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Real

Is there anyway that this actually sold for this amount http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HARL...#ht_500wt_1287

Definitely got a good price for that old muffler. Seller's a good guy and knows how to dig up the good old stuff.

Comment

Are they Really worth that kind of money ?

Comment

Not on your life. This is as good as the guy that paid $1600.00 for springer fender trims. I go the next set Bill's put up for $288.00. Bob L
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by 51FL View Post
          Worth what someone will pay! But not worth it to most, I would imagine.

Comment

Ok then lol ,I thought that i was missing something , yes i know all the worth what some one will pay . But We all Know certain items seem to sell for an average price

Comment

Lets say you had an original paint unrestored rare war year knuckle that was worth over 40K in todays market. And lets say you were only missing the original muffler and nothing else? And maybe you had the bike for years and years and didn't have much invested in it? I know I would buy the last piece to the puzzle if it made it 100% totally correct and worth more. 46EL

Comment

O i know people could get caught up in bidding , I know i have lol .There has to be two guys needing that muffler Haha . I agree i would def pay a premium to complete my bike . I know theres some pieces i would pay just about anything i could afford to have ,that others wouldnt touch .

Comment

I remember over 10-12 years ago at Oley someone had a set of 41-46 OHV tanks that were the exact same color of my 46 barn fresh fenders. Tanks at that time were going for 600 bucks all day long. I bit the bullet and paid 1400 for them as they matched what I had and had all the trim and gas caps and shutoff. Everybody laughed at me and shook their heads in disbelief. Those tanks eventually made that bike so much more valuable it wasn't funny anymore.

Comment

I needed an original kicker arm and got into a bidding war and paid $125.00
                    Next week some one put one up for $35.00 BUY IT NOW I hit the button; Why
                    125+35= $160.00
                    160/2= $80.00
                    $80.00 each is better than $125.00

Comment

Originally posted by MY65HD View Post
                      I needed an original kicker arm and got into a bidding war and paid $125.00
                      Next week some one put one up for $35.00 BUY IT NOW I hit the button; Why
                      125+35= $160.00
                      160/2= $80.00
                      $80.00 each is better than $125.00
                      So you ended up with one for roughly one thiird of what you paid for the first one? If you wait around looking for an original Muffler to surface at a bargain price it might not happen too quickly but it can. Usually when an item sells for big money on ebay the following week 2 or 3 others show up for auction. With the top bidder gone the price might drop? You never know. 46EL

Comment

Is there anyway that this actually sold for this amount http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HARL...#ht_500wt_1287
                        Check the highbidder. Has a rating of "0". Since ePay no longer lets us examine a bidder, we may have found he registered just for this auction to scam the seller. "I send you money order for $5000 and you send difference to my good friend in Nigeria." It would be interesting to see if the seller actually gets paid.
                        Bruce Palmer III
                        AMCA #667

How to Restore Your Harley-Davidson

How to Restore Your Military Harley-Davidson

Comment

Originally posted by oldsouthmcy View Post
                          Check the highbidder. Has a rating of "0". Since ePay no longer lets us examine a bidder, we may have found he registered just for this auction to scam the seller. "I send you money order for $5000 and you send difference to my good friend in Nigeria." It would be interesting to see if the seller actually gets paid.
                          You may be correct about the high bidder. There was a second bidder though at $3790 and he has 147 feedbacks. 46EL is correct about what some of us will justify to finish or improve an otherwise great bike. I, personally, would pass at that price though.

Comment

Well because all of you are upstanding AMCA members i will offer you mine for a fraction of the cost of that one at $2500 hahahah.

Comment

A couple years ago they would go for $5000...

Comment

Working...
                              X