Iver Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iver Johnson

Just did a deal on a v twin Iver Johnson engine. Complete except for the mag. Probably a 1915. Shared some pics with a few close friends but they are poor quality.Will post some some new ones when I am able.What can the world tell me. Cory I know you love this stuff. I don't know if I'm blessed or just lucky. The folks I bought it from are great old bikers. It's a good day in Manitoba.
    Ross

iver

I think that something Iver was discovered a few years back in Canada. I can't remember what. I think Barry Brown knew about it.

Comment

A little information Googled off of the internet:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iver_Johnson

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1915-iver-johnson.htm

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1915-iver-johnson1.htm

1912 Single - http://www.pbase.com/rpdoody/iver_johnson
      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

i know 2 guys who have an on going standoff with iver parts. each one has what the other needs. it's almost half an half on the parts.neither one will move on selling to the other.good luck jumping into that parts pool.maybe in 20 years their grand kids will call you and sell the stuff.
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Good score Ross!!! So tell us... what kind of condition is it in? Is there a possibility that there may be more parts where you found it? I'm always curious on the story behind the "find"! . I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. I heard recently that there was an Iver twin for sale in Ontario, just an engine again though.

Dave, as far as I know the Iver Johnson that Barry knew about was hanging from the rafters of a barn. I think he's taken a run or two at it, but it's a "NOT FOR SALE" item!
          Last edited by c.o.; 10-09-2011, 11:03 AM.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Yes Cory it is the engine from Ontario. I will send you an email with some poor quality pictures. My friend picked it up for me yesterday so I physically don't have it and I bought it based on the pictures I will send you. After the long weekend he will take some better pics for me. Hey, is anyone passing thru Hamilton going west to say...Winnipeg. Sure would like to have that engine at home to go thru it.
            Ross

Comment

Thanks Bill for posting the nice restored twin picture. That seems to be the only picture I see on the web.Cory feel free to post those poor quality photos if you like or we'll have to wait until next week when I get better ones. Any rolling chassis out there?
              Ross

Comment

Barry's name pops up a lot on the forum and I agree with Cory , he is very knowledgeable on the old sickle world. Hey Barry ( my fellow Canadian) time to come back to the forum and play, we miss you.
                Ross

Comment

So it was the Ontario engine... I'm glad you scooped it Ross!

As for Barry.... I bugged him awhile back to reappear. He politely declined. Maybe, it's time to bug him again!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

In looking at the pictures again, it appears as though this was another engine that was saved because it was put into service as a powerplant. I'm thinking you are lucky to have the carb and manifold. I'm guessing that manifold would be a hard piece to find.
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Congrats Ross. The Iver Johnson motor is one most beautiful ever made. Like Cory said, you were very fortuanate to get that intake manifold.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                        Yes Cory it is the engine from Ontario. Hey, is anyone passing thru Hamilton going west to say....
                        ross

I live west of hamilton ( about 2 hours ) can that be the first step - it'd be a shame for it to leave ontario - lol
                        last time I talked to barry he said his life was so much calmer by not hanging out here ( thanks chris )

aka HAWG
                        1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                        1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                        1940 indian chief military
                        1965 sportster xlch
                        1969 sportster xlch bobber
                        1971 bsa A65 chopper
                        1969 harley ss350 sprint
                        1960 harley topper
                        1963 harley topper
                        H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                        H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                        1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                        1959 harley model 165
                        1960 harley super 10
                        1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                        EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

I really miss Barry Brown here. I miss his sense of humor and his first hand knowledge of some of the most unusual and interesting motorcycles in this hobby. I sure wish he would reconsider and come back home.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

Here's some better photos..........

Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

looks like you got the center gear and the outer cover for the clutch. what a cool setup.
                              www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Working...
                              X