Hubcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubcaps

I'm looking for info. on the hubcaps I have seen on some bikes. If they are called that. Any info would be helpful I am thinkin about trying to find some for my bike. Here is a link to one I took a picture of.

Thanks

Pic of Hubcap

It would be interesting to find out details about these style Hubcaps. I have used them on bikes before and have a few different sets hanging on the wall. Some appear to be stainless and some are chrome plated brass. They have different dimensions as far as the center circle on the non brake side? Did H-D offer these as an accessory? Any thoughts? 46el

Comment

They are all period aftermarket items. H-D never marketed one themselves. H-D did sell wheel trim rings but never full covers. Many different companies made them, and early publications have lots of ads showing them for sale. The various hole sizes are to fit different size brake drums such as Springer, Glide, and Indian types.
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

panbackup 007small.JPGpanbackup 005sm.JPG here is a picture of my 50 with caps
        Moose
        aka Glenn

Comment

If anyone could point me to some for sale I would be grateful. I want to put them on my 47 chief. preferably something I can paint. Thanks!

Comment

oh and thanks for the input so far!

Comment

I dont know the company name but I have seen these for sale at Davenport and they are brand new ones. I can tell you they are a pain to take on and off. You can not get the front tire and wheel off with it in place. It has to come apart first.
              John Underwood
              AMCA#14400
              Central Illinois

Comment

Working...
              X