Carb plating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb plating

Good after noon gentlemen. About a year ago or more someone posted a thread about the finish of a factory DX carb. This caught my interest since my son and I were starting to sum up a 1965 XLCH restoration. I went to my cad plater and asked if he would give it a try. With a little trial and error this was the end result. It's hard to get the rainbow effect in the picks but it's there. Just like a Roadrunner power brake assist cylinder. They are both DX-12. The one with the bowl extension is a factory bored race carb (They didn't screw this one up, all the little holes are there. Thank you very much Mike at Wilderness)I found in a milk crate in Maine twenty years ago. It will be for sale at Jefferson. So what do you guys think of our experiment. Bob L
    Attached Files
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Mutt Hallam has been doing that finish (gold iridite) on Hummer carbs and DC carbs for a long time. Eastwood sells a a product to do it as well. It wears off the originals in short order, which is why it is not there on most carbs. The anodizing should stay for a while. Looks good Bob.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

great job looks good
      Moose
      aka Glenn

Comment

Working...
      X