hey you guys in ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey you guys in ohio

anyone ever hear of a harley mechanic named don wrench (not sure if that is/was his real name or nickname) around the youngstown area? know anything about his work? thanks

Don’s work with knuckle and panheads was legendary in this local area, as was a gentleman named Fred Perry. I don’t know for sure but I had heard that Don past away sometime ago. I hope that’s not true, but lots of his stuff was being sold off about eight years ago. Most of it was absorbed locally.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

Don Wrench was a member of, Lake Erie Chapter, in north central Ohio, for many years. Unfortunately, he ended his own life several years ago. One of his bikes is still on display at the original, Quaker Steak and Lube, in, Sharon, PA.
      Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Sorry to hear that the rumors where true. I was offered and accepted one of his unfinished project bikes, about eight years ago. Every nut and bolt is bagged and identified by part number. I’m waiting on my retirement to begin assembling it.

Wow Fred, You have the lowest AMCA member number I have ever seen.
        ------------
        Steve
        AMCA #7300

Comment

Wow Fred, You have the lowest AMCA member number I have ever seen

I was impressed when I meet #95 a couple of weeks ago but Fred's got it down pat. Bob L
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Steve and Robert, my "real" member number is 9176. I was assigned #10 when I became a National Board member on 1/1/11. Now I am #10 on a nine person Board. Sometimes I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.
            Steve, Lake Erie Chapter will meet in Wakeman, Ohio on October 16, at noon. All are welcome.
            Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Fred, sounds like your really #1, after the elite 9 that is.............
              Louie
              FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
              Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
              YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

thanks guys, that is helpful

Comment

Working...
                X