Kiwi's at Barber Motorsports race meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi's at Barber Motorsports race meeting

A bunch of Kiwis, most of them good friends of mine, are coming to race at the Barber Motorsports race meeting and have asked me to enquire if there was anybody with a well equipted workshop nearby that could help them if the need arises.
    Kevin Schwantz is riding Ken McIntosh's Manx and Dave Cole is on Ross Graham's G50 Matchless. These two had a real battle at Pukekohe a few years back and Kevin really impressed as to how quickly he was on the pace on a motorcyle he had never ridden before.
    These two along with Nick Cole on Pete Lodge's very fast ES2 Norton will be hard to beat but as those that race know it can all turn to tears very easily and if it does my fellow Kiwi's would like to have some sort of plan in place if the worst happens, hence the request for a workshop and someone who knows the area to assist.
    I'm pretty sure Ken or Ross will get who-ever assists them into the Kiwis pit for the meeting.

The Kiwi entry list is;
    Kevin Schwantz, McIntosh Manx Norton 500
    Dave Cole, McIntyre Matchless G50
    Nick Cole, Norton ES2
    Hayden Fitzgerald, Matchless G50
    James McIntosh, Manx Norton 350
    Lindsay Kyle, Vincent Comet
    Bruce Verdon, Manx Norton 500
    Danny Ahern, Matchless G50

If anyone can assist please e-mail me at p.j.thomson@actrix.co.nz

Regards, Peter Thomson aka "Tommo"
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Tommo,

At every major AHRMA race they can find Bruce Blake from Michigan Engineering, and his mobile repair shop. I'm pretty sure he will be at both Barber, and the Daytona venue the next weekend. Bruce has been able to save my racing weekends twice already this year. Bruce is a really good guy, and his prices don't break your wallet.

Tom

Comment

Sorry Tommo,

Michigan is a long way from Barber and I will leave my shop at home for an opportunity to race my 1911 HD belt drive double in the Century race (two laps this year). I look forward to meeting your friends.

I still have a mildly damaged 1965 HD inner primary and M74B Linkart carburetor sitting on the floor next to my computer with your name on them. Do you still have a use for these items if so should I deliver them to your friends?

Joe

Comment

Working...
      X