Need Help To ID A Seat Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help To ID A Seat Frame

junkyarddog sent me some shots of this seat frame. Any ideas on this one?

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

I may be completely off the mark, Cory, but this appears identical to the seat part of a passenger seat that a deceased friend had. It had only one footrest that was marked "FN", missing the other. Seemed to be designed to mount on the rear fender.
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Thanks Lonnie! I threw it up on the forum as I don't know much about the tandem set-ups. I'll have to do some digging through the books and see what I can come up with. "FN" just might be a good clue!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Cory, I sent you an e mail with some info plus pic's - don't know how to do it here. I have one very similar to that. Mines a tandem seat with springing - quite cool.

Comment

Thanks Tom!

Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Cory--The seat is an FN Tandem, first appears in the 1918-19 HD accessory catalog. If I remember correctly, FN was a manufacturer from Belgium.

Comment

A friend of mine had an F-N tandem, just like this one, on his Henderson.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

FN from belgium was fabrique nationale -motorcycle manufacturer not tandem maker

Comment

Well, it looks as though it's an F-N from Detroit!!! Thanks for the input fellas. Another mystery has been solved!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
                    FN from belgium was fabrique nationale -motorcycle manufacturer not tandem maker
                    Rifles also.

Comment

Working...
                    X