Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAVENPORT 2011 BOARDTRACK REPORT from PUSHERMAN RACING !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAVENPORT 2011 BOARDTRACK REPORT from PUSHERMAN RACING !

Hello all, Davenport was a smoker this year with temps in the 100's. This took a big toll on the racing. Everyone was beat !! The big deal for the day was Pusherman racing pulling off the win & surprising everyone !! Even me !! Team Wall has dominated the Davenport scene for over a decade ! That Indian flat kicks a$$, you can see it in the video. I have been told repeatedly over the years that a J Harley simply cannot take that Indian. Well - So be it !!
    I was very busy in the pits, so I didn't get to see what all was going on. Those of you that were there, please jump in & give a report. Thank you.
    When the racing started, Pusherman won the heat race & I was on needles & pins for the duration. The main was very exciting with team Wall taking the lead for lap 1 but Pusherman caught him on the outside & slowly pulled ahead for 2,3 & 4. Fast Jim lost his handlebars in turn 2 he rolled into the infield. Thank you Jesus that he did not get harmed. That had to be scary for a few seconds !! Pusherman then put it on cruise & reeled in another flag.
    H D has won Yosemite, Wauseon & Davenport in 2011 for all of you that like the Harley VS Indian wars ( conspiracy theory.)
    Below are the videos of all the action & race results. Once again it was an honor to compete with the boardtrackers of the 21st century. You guys ROCK !!! You all have fun & hope you enjoyed the show. PUSHERMAN RACING

#1 #B52 HD Jimi Cahlik / Carl Estes Pusherman Racing
    #2 #21x HD Mike Lange
    #3 #69 HD Roy Taboda / Dave Kafton Iron Dinosaur Team
    #4 #22 HD Matt Walksler
    #5 #5 IND Dave Thompson
    #6 # 58 IND Kris Thompson
    #7 #14a POPE Wayne Albertson #1 in my book !
    #8 # 88 IND Frank Rick
    #9 #33x HD Bill Rodencall
    #10 #33 IND Jim Wall
    #11 #35k IND Vince Martinico

Race Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYxFV_IwtF4

Boardtrack insider http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1zk...eature=related

Pits Video by Brilliant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYYQUz3bjiI

To all that have supported Pusherman Racing..Thank you so much !!!!!! Pusherman

Carl!!! That is some great footage!!! Thanks for posting it. All the racing is good but there's just something extra special about the Boardtrack Class!!!! That Bottle Rocket flies!!!! Congrats! I'm just guessing here but it looks like Jim has a score to settle...
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Thank you Carl, you are one of the guys that make this club GREAT,

Comment

Originally posted by marsh1915hd View Post
        Thank you Carl, you are one of the guys that make this club GREAT,
        I was in the pits, walked in around 5 or 6, saw Jim Wall sitting there with his head in his towel, looking really beat, like he'd just done a 4-hr marathon. That was all due to the heat, he said.
        I asked how he was doing. He said he wasn't going to win, that the young guy on the Harley was a better rider. I didn't press him for more, but I did go over to spy on the "young guy on the Harley". Yeah, he looked young, about 25, maybe, and lean, and FRESH! He half-stood while watching and talking to his wrenches, calm, cock-sure, arms crossed and not sweating at all.
        I guess that's why we send our YOUNG guys off to war.
        I did extend my congrats and encouragement to the green shirts, and thanks for what they bring to the sport. You're a special treat, Carl!

As for the Harley/Indian wars, some day Mr. Wall will have to retire to the pits, like Kelly George. His stocky young rider took the tank shift class on the titanium-framed Chief, and competed near the front of the open on an XR (or was it bigger?).

What I thought was really phenomenal was the K-model that took 4th in the open, against the XR's and Triumphs. He wore #4 also. I had to go check that out, remarked to the rider how excited I was that he did 4th on "just a K". He caught his breath (still panting int he heat) and replied, "It's not just a K!" Then the pit boss (owner I presume) told me how it was bored to 900 cc, everybody knows that, and that he rode the K as second choice since their triumph went down.

I love the pits, it's the place to be! And thanks for bringing it here, Carl!

Comment

Thank you JIM WALL for so many years of outstanding racing and for improving the breed. Pusher man has had his sites on you for many years. Sooner or latter all good things must come to an end, to bad it was with a mechanical on the always superbly prepared Indian. I look forward to the return of the red skin. Everybody knows I love the Indian / Harley rivalries, keep up the good work racers and crew.

MIKE LANGE second place...GOOD WORK MIKE.

Joe

Comment

Hey Joe, why don't you join us !!!! Love Carl

Comment

Originally posted by big jesus 151 View Post
              Hey Joe, why don't you join us !!!! Love Carl
              Carl / Pusher Man racing team

You sir and your race program are infectious. I just viewed the video footage you posted... EXCELENT. I am presently working on two bike builds and have a good 1914 boardtracker program formed for a future project perhaps next on the agenda. Thank you for injecting so much of your time, money, effort, talent and ambition to this class of racing. We all owe you, all the other racers and crew in the class a big thank you. Long live Pusher Man racing. Keep up the good work !

Joe

Comment

Working...
              X