Fun Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Day

Took the Henderson around Palos Verdes today, a special treat. Met up with Rotten Richard on a 1920 Reading Standard - beautiful machine and a good performer. I think he said 72 cu inches, we ran about 60 miles. Had a drink or two and a bowl of chilly. It was quite cool checking out the Reading going down the road. Quite a rare machine I think, don't know anyone else with one. Got me wondering - is this the first time a Reading Standard has rode around Palos Verdes/ pretty fricken cool ! Any body know if Reading Standards were sold here in L.A. ? Everwhere we went, we got a big crowd. Slowed us down quite abit but it was fun :-)

The Reading Standard was made in Reading Pennsylvannia. I live about an hour from Reading and it is very rare to see one on the road here.

Comment

Very cool, I was reading today - on their best year, Reading Standard only produced about 1,700 machines. Man, I think their quite rare indeed. Really was a kick riding next to one. That's one of the best things about Richard, it doe's not mater how rare it is he rides his stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X