White tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White tires

Hello all, I want to put white tires on a few old bikes. How many options do we currently have?? How many different countries make white tires? Any tricks to make a black tire white ?? Are there any white tires that will give us some good mileage? Tread patterns ? Clincher vs drop center? Has anyone done the homework on this one ?? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank You ! Carl PUSHERMAN RACING

Carl, I've been tossing around the idea of white wall tire paint. If you look on ebay, there are a number of products and they all have convincing claims. As for all white tires; Coker and Universal are the only manufactures I'm aware of. If it's a real nice bike that isn't goiing to get a lot of miles, the Coker Firestone Non-Skid is the premier all white tire.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric, I have checked the Coker catalog, I too prefer the non skids, I think they have great curb appeal ! But they have wallet non appeal - @ 342 $$ a piece. If you are racing these tires hard, It won't take long to chew them up !!! The Firestone racing tire is also 342 $$...WOW ! My lovely bride is going to get a second job ! I'm looking through the classified, help wanted , right now !!!!...........Has anyone tried the paint ??? Have fun, Carl @ PUSHERMAN RACING

Comment

We used to use tire paint on our "Lead Sled" 1950 Ford
        for white walls. But if you use it to paint the entire tire, It's bound to wear off the tread, and look somewhat odd.....Rod

Comment

Carl, I was looking that he tires in this picture and it makes me wonder if Coker uses white tire paint.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Like they said on Laugh In-- VERY INTERESTING ????? Thanks Eric

Comment

Working...
            X