Murphy Grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy Grips

Does anyone have any information on metal Murphy grips? They are stamped MURPHY.
    (I tried to attach pictures)
    These grips were on a Knucklehead which was displayed at the 2011 Knucklehead reunion. The owner says these grips were on the bike when purchased years ago and was wondering if anyone would care to share info on them.
    Murphy grip 1.jpgMurphy grip 2.jpgMurphy grip 3.jpg
    Thanks again,

IRon
    Ride Free

hello i have a set of these grips on my 49 pan head.they fit the 49-51 style throttle.try dave at harbor vintage i think he might have a set.will have to ask tom faber he is a wiz on handle bars and parts related.good luck. be sharp be hip bbop

Comment

The Murphy Grips were made by David Murphy of Mason City Iowa. The story that I was told is that after returning from over seas after WWII Mr. Murphy worked in a plastic injection molding company and started producing plastic grips. I have a couple of sets that were given to me by former employees of Mr. Murphy. He went on to start his own metal fabrication company in Mason City and made mostly Agriculture related equipment such as augers, dryers etc. It has since been sold after Mr. Murphy's passing 10 or more years ago, it is called DMC for those of you who are familiar with Grain handling equipment. I got one metal grip with the last plastic ones that were given to me and according to his former employee Mr. Murphy made them for a short while in the early years of his manufacturing business. If anyone has another grip I'd love to own the match to the one I have.

Comment

Rattlecan is it possible for you to post a pic. of the plastic grips??.
        Will

Comment

Good stuff Rattlecan - thanks for the info...

IRon
          Ride Free

Comment

DSCN5842.jpgDSCN5843.jpg here's pictures of the styles i have

Comment

They look cool, thanks for sharing Rattlecan.
              Will.

Comment

Working...
              X