chapter swapmeet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chapter swapmeet

At Wauseon I saw a flyer about a local amca chapter swap meet. I think it was at the end of july in Mich. Does anybody have the details about it?
    Thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

The meet is put on by the Great Lakes AMCA chapter. It will be held at Interlochen Eagles Club park, 20724 Honor Highway, Lake Ann Mi 49650, the Date is July 29, 30, 31, 2011. The website is www.greatlakesamca.com

I am not in any way affliated with the club, but am passing on the info, to help promote the event, and plan on going myself.

I went to the Wolverine chapter amca meet in May, which was held in Centerville Mi, (not more than maybe an hour or two from you Dave) and was really impressed with their meet, and how much it grew since last year. I sold a good batch of parts, and found some deals on some others. The contact for that meet is Jeff Maile.

I highly recommend you make the trip to Interlochen Mi.......a 3 hour trip from the state line, and worth the scenery.

Comment

Thank you Tom
      Regards Dave

Comment

I leave Wednesday for this event as it'll take me a few days to ride my 1940 SS there and still be able to enjoy the trip. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
        20scout

Comment

Just got back from the Great Lakes Chapter AMCA meet in northern Mi. Had a great time, sold some parts, bought some, great bike show, seen some old friends, made some new ones, watched Andy McRoberts crash a bike through the burning board wall (yes, on purpose). The road run was the BEST ever, winding twisties through the sand dunes, spectacular stop at glen haven overlooking the manitou islands on Lake Michigan, and roads winding around the turquoise/green inland lakes that looked like water in the Bahamas.

The pictures should be posted soon on the chapter website...

Thanks to all the chapter guys who made it happen, I know we'll be back next year.
          Last edited by fabercycle; 07-31-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Just got back myself and agree with everything fabercycle said about the meet. It was only it's second year but shows promises of being a good meet. Spent some quality time riding around the area with other old motorcycles and meet some great people too. Managed to snag the long distance award and can't begin to tell you how nice looking it is too. Andy and the wall of flame was the icing on the cake, what a nut! Had a great time and I will be back!
            20scout

Comment

Working...
            X