Wauseon 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon 2011

Thank you, to the vendors, racers, AMCA members, shoppers and everyone else that attended the 2011 Wauseon National. It is through your support that we were able host a meet for the record books. We were at a virtual sell out by Friday PM.

Thanks to Matt Olson for creating field game events for children. They were a big hit. The kids looked to be having a blast participating.

Thank you to each and every volunteer worker from the four chapters that keep this meet going. Thanks to all of the folks that came to enjoy the meet and stepped up to help out when the need arose. Without people like you this meet could not happen. Thank you, thank you and thank you again.

If you had a good time, please, thank a volunteer, they work their tail off for you. If there was a problem or concern, please, throw all rocks and sticks at me. I will do my best to resolve your situation.

The Wauseon National is not going anywhere; we will be at the Fulton County Fairgrounds for years to come. Work has already started on Wauseon 2012. See you then.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Thanks Fred,
    I think I can speak for the rest of us "mules", that the pleasure was all ours !!

Comment

It was a great one this year!

Comment

I gotta say, I had a blast. I didn't stop grinning from the ride in early Friday morning til I got home Saturday midnight.
        Thank you Fred & everyone who helped put on another fantastic Wauseon meet. I got to meet a lot of new interesting people
        and great bikes were everywhere.
        I would like to make one comment & I hope this doesn't come off as a critizism. I know we can't think of everything & I'm sure the crazy heat played a part. Please consider in the future having the water truck make his rounds around the vendors. I felt so bad for them with all their
        parts & motors covered in thick dust.
        The dust didn't keep me from finding a lot of great stuff though. -Bob
        Bob

Comment

Great time Friday and Saturday. First time at wauseon and many more to come. My wife found her servi-car there and really excited. One suggestion, amca needs to sell vintage license badges and have a reserved parking area inside gate. Still pay the entry fee and get in to member vintage parking area. Would be nice to walk in that area and look at members bikes without going out to the big parking lot. Lots of nice bikes out there,but too many newer machines.

Comment

Fred,
            Hats off to all who put it together! another great meet,glad you had time to stop for a Yuengling! see you at Davenport.
            Milwaukee Pirate
            Ken S., # 6457
            1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
            1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Fred,

Many thanks to all that made the meet happen!

Great Job on getting the youth field games going with Matt Olsen. Are there any pictures?, what did they do? I guess they were pedalling?

My Dad and I had a great time, enjoyed the races and got to see some friends and meet some new people.

Didn't find all the parts I was looking for, but got a couple. Many thanks to the vendors as well.
              AMCA #10930

Comment

Thanks to all of you for trhe kind words.
                bobdo: the dust situation is difficult to remedy, a water wagon (not the truck that waters the track) would have to be towed by a volunteer during hours when the asiles are clear of shoppers and with parts to the edge of vending spaces it is possable to damage expensive parts. We will work on a plan for dust control.
                hennigan62: if you ride an antique bike to Wauseon and you are not camping you should have been allowed to ride into the grounds at no charge. A parking area inside the gate for old bikes is a great idea, I'll take your thoughts to committee, we'll see what happenes. Thanks.
                Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Best Wauseon Ever!

I have been attending the Wauseon meet for over 20 years and all I can say is this year was the best Wauseon Meet ever. Thanks to all who put it on. Games for the kids, plenty of good parts and friends.

Comment

A "BIG" thanks to those who were responsible for curtailing 99% of the under age cyclists racing around the swap areas. The signs and the P. A. announcements did the trick. Almost hit by a 1 %'er though.
                    Last edited by talbot-2; 07-19-2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks to all of the volunteers to help with the judging, we were able to finish around 1:00 PM.
                      Denise Rich-Gross
                      Deputy Judge
                      Lake Erie Chapter

Comment

Folks, have just been trough 4 days at the Wauseon AMCA meet. What an great event, loads of great poeple, excelent location and a great swapmeet. A great race and lots of Hendersons there.
                        Thanks to those working their butts off for us visiting the site.

Sverre & Oyunn
                        AMCA 3481
                        http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
                        And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                        This is a great theory.
                        If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

here are some vids from the races. my camara skills are bad at best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paau9_3mXCQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6DlqgTJB8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdw8YCIuI8g
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRVQiromdHI
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz61c0er8vE
                          rob ronky #10507
                          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                          X