AMCA Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA Library

I have tried several times to enter the AMCA Virtual Library today. No luck. Anybody know what is going on?
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

I just tried and this is what I got :

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /library/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

It's looking like there's a glitch. I'm getting the same message.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

The Virtual Library has experienced a couple of problems over the past 10 days, and this is the second time it's gone down. Apparently, there's a problem with one of the pieces of software that runs it. The library is hosted on a different server and uses different software than the main AMCA site, and the people who built it are looking into the problems.

For now, we have turned off the link to the Virtual Library from the AMCA site until the problems can be resolved.

Bill Wood

Comment

The Virtual Library is back on as of this morning. You can get there from the AMCA site (look for "Virtual Library" under "Features." Or just go to this link.

Bill Wood

Comment

Thanks for the up-date, and good news Bill.
            RF.

Comment

It looks like the On-Line Library is down again.
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Okay, here is an exercise for the "librarian": .. and I hope the rest of you don't mind a few dumb questions, cuz it's quiet enough now,..
                I'm telling a friend (non-member) about George Will, the flat-track champion who wears #1 at the D-port races, and that he was interviewed in a recent (last cpl years) issue. I told him I'd bring my issue with the interview in it. Since I'm not near my library I want my daughter to fed-ex the issue to my job site (son-in-law works for fed-ex). So I'm trying to find the "subject index" from the web site, not having any luck. Is it on there? or do I have to buy the index from the club?

Comment

Phil and All:

The story on George Wills can be found on page 32 of the Spring 2010 issue. We had fun talking to him at the Davenport races in September of 2009.

And yes, as others have noticed, the Virtual Library is down again. The problem we're facing here is that the library is on a different server and uses different software from the main AMCA site. So it was not updated with everything else last year.

Now, that older software had developed problems, and we've had to decide whether to keep patching those problems or move the entire library to the AMCA server and software. A couple of weeks ago, the Board made the decision to make the big move, but that will take a little while. In the meantime, the Virtual Library is likely to be available on and off. We'll have a full announcement when the move is complete, and at that point, you should be able to count on the library once again.

Bill Wood

Comment

Thanks Bill!

but again, I'll ask about that subject index. I've never used it, but have wished I could. Many things have simply escaped my memory, .. ya know!

Comment

Phil:

I can't help on the index front. I'm afraid I've never seen one, although I have heard vague mentions that such a thing exists. I have a copy of the CDs containing the scanned images of previous issues, which goes up through 2006. But it does not include any index.

Does someone else have knowledge of this?

Thanks.

Bill Wood

Comment

Today, I can't enter the virtual library. In fact, I've never been able to enter the library.
                        Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Jerry:

Can you see if you can get into the Merchandise area of the website (Under Features, then Merchandise, then click "Shop Online Now"? Once the library is moved, it will use the same software as the Merchandise page, so if one works for you, the other should, too.

Bill Wood

Comment

Folks,

I tried to log into the library, but read the rules and implications against a member if materials were actually used, as I often do,..
                            and opted out.

Still, I received an email that I had logged in.

Let me make it perfectly clear for the record that I have never downloaded from the library, and shall not.

This also precludes me from contributing.

.....Cotten
                            Liberty Motorcycle Specialties, Inc.
                            118 N. Washington St.
                            Lacon, IL 61540 USA
                            AMCA #776
                            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I've downloaded from the library. It's a fantastic resource that can only improve with time and input from dedicated members of the AMCA.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X