New Legendary Bike Builds section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Legendary Bike Builds section

Those of you who have been here a while know that these forums have seen some conversations about antique-bike projects that have achieved legendary status. And we’ve now created a place to preserve those legendary projects, with a special section of the General Restoration Discussions called, appropriately enough, Legendary Bike Builds.

The newly created section currently contains the eight-month account of the AMCA’s Youth Program Essay Contest, in which Ryan Mackey from Ohio won the chance to turn parts donated by AMCA members into an authentic Harley WL Bobber, just like the bikes returning American soldiers made for themselves after World War II. You can follow the project from Ryan’s December arrival at Carl’s Cycle Shop in Aberdeen, South Dakota, where much of the build took place, to the unveiling of the completed machine in August.

Ryan himself contributed much of the commentary on the thread, describing the build in detail, while dozens of experienced AMCA members jump in along the way with tips and suggestions for making the machine better.

This is the first of several such projects we hope to preserve in the Legendary Bike Builds section. To see it, go to Legendary Bike Builds under General Restoration Discussions. Or you can go directly to this link: http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...ry-Bike-Builds.

We're also interested in your suggestions for other bike-building threads that deserve to be a part of this special area. Please post your nominations in this thread.

Thanks.

Bill Wood

Very cool Bill, good reading about Ryan's build. Joe and the Gray Ghost should be here, Hopefully some more too. But the Gray Ghost has my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Lovejoy View Post
      Very cool Bill, good reading about Ryan's build. Joe and the Gray Ghost should be here, Hopefully some more too. But the Gray Ghost has my vote.
      The Ghost has my vote as well. I didn't get enough Cannonball! and I'd like to pick Joe's bean some more, ... thought I'd give him a little rest, but he ain't resting anyway, is he?
      Joe, should we go to your "request" site for q & a?
      (see if he bites)

Comment

Phil
        Sure, do as you wish I am happy to be involved with anything interesting and old when it comes to motorcycles. The !914........ is as good a location as any.
        joe

Comment

Great idea!

There are probably many others, but Joe's "Gray Ghost" 1914 Harley-D build has certainly achieved legendary status here. Well documented with great photos too.
          Herbert Wagner
          AMCA 4634
          =======
          The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Working...
          X