Dixon Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixon Meet

The Biggest Little Meet of the West is now over, and was thoroughly enjoyed by all. This year saw excellent weather (again), with plenty of shade. The vendor area was sold out, and Knuckle Head HDs were the theme. There were close to 50 of them in attendance.
    Laid back, and relaxed is probably the best way to describe this casual event. The Ft. Sutter Chapter has this event down, and everything went smoothly. Judging went smooth also, although we were surprised to see over double the pre-regged entries as last minute sign-ups. Prez Spagnolli was on hand to present the awards, and helped out on the Judging also.
    Ft. Sutter is one of the first AMCA Chapters out West here, and have been active for a long time. This venue stated in the DMV HQ parking lot in down town Sacramento, then moved to the shade under the huge freeway system (kind of surreal when compared to more quaint meets, or even the super meets like D'port, and Rhinebeck). Now, the quaint little town of Dixon, just south of Sacramento, Ft. Sutter has procured the great setting of the Fairgrounds there.
    I've managed to attend almost all the AMCA Meets over the years of my parts hunting (all except Viking & Omaha so far), and Dixon seems to have the magic of all the meets rolled into one. We look forward to the SoCal, and LA Chapters combining their efforts, and producing a joint Meet in the Southern part of the State soon also.
    Sorry, I was running around having too much fun to take any photos this year.
    RF.

Pictures please.

Comment

It was a great meet indeed, I only wish I would have had more time to enjoy it. Prior commitments meant I arrived around 7:30 am on Saturday and was hurrying out the gate by 10:00. Not nearly enough time to enjoy all the fine machines on display or pick through all the parts. This was my third year going and by far it looked like the most bikes I have seen on display. Many thanks to everyone who continues to make this a wonderful show and an awesome time for an antique motorcycle greenhorn like me.
      Attached Files
      Eric Olson
      Membership #18488

Comment

Here's some more from YB member Bill Huth; http://yerbabuenaamca.org
        RF.

Comment

Eric, it looks as though you have an eye for the good ones!!! Thanks for the pics!

Red Fred, thanks for the link. I keep telling myself that I've got to get down there one of these years!!!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
          X