Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Minutes Question

Hello,

I am new to the AMCA, and have been reading through back issues of The Antique Motorcycle and old posts on this forum to get a feel for what the AMCA is all about. In the current issue of The Antique Motorcycle, I was reading the "Board Minutes" section, and was wondering what Committee Reports, #8 AMCA Policy and Procedures Handbook 2011 meant.

This section stated, "Steve Slocombe presented Draft 2.1 of February, 2011, previously circulated. Discussion. Matt Olsen made the motion that all contracts and all policy decisions are solely and exclusively within the authority of the Board of Directors of the Corporation. Lonnie Campbell seconded. Voting was 9-0. Motion approved.Under Complaints Policy, Lonnie Campbell made the motion that all complaints must be in writing. Matt Olsen seconded. Voting was 9-0. Motion Approved. Under Complaints Policy, Red Fred Johansen made the motion to eliminate the right to file a complaint against AMCA Policy. Rick Najera seconded. Voting was 9-0. Motion Approved. Fred Davis made the motion to approve the 2011 Policy and Procedures Manual, as amended. Red Fred Johansen seconded. Voting was 9-0. Motion approved."

What kind of complaints would have been filed against AMCA Policy? Has it been a problem in the past? It just seemed odd to me that in one sentence, all complaints have to be made in writing, and in the next sentence, the right to file a complaint against AMCA Policy is eliminated.

Again, being new to the AMCA, I don't know all the ins and outs, and what everything means. Just trying to get a feel for things.

Thank you, and take care,

Steve Bryson

Seems like a fair question to me, and rather straightforward, as well. The proceedings and vote-taking may involve one of the proverbial "cans of worms" sitting on the shelves of the club's pantry.
    Surely, there have been an infinite number of complaints over a variety of club topics, policies and activities through the years. I have no desire to get into it, at all, although an enterprising fellow could probably write an interesting article for the mag....call it.." Complaints we have known "

My biggest complaint...I don't have the time to devote to my hobbies
    # 5844

Comment

I bet you credits to navy beans that the "complaints" all pertain to judging. Judging is the stinkiest aspect of the AMCA and has produced the most petulant, childish, and down-right vicious behavior I have ever witnessed among adults that are suppose to be enjoying themselves.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
      X