X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo's from the Viking Meet

Thanks for a Great Weekend!
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/580324738YOHYfq

Thanks for sharing the pics!!! It looks like some great bikes showed up!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

My 2 favorite motorcycles were the 1944 F knucklehead that had a documented history since it was bought new along with 2 others by the Winnepeg Police and the 1938 Chief (JU's image 2308) that was also documented. Although there many nice bikes there - especially late Chiefs.

Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 06-12-2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I guarantee you that 1944 didn't have all that chrome and polishing on it when it was new.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris I know full well that the bike has been dressed up - but it is the real deal. I never represented it as all original nor did the owner. It is been in this configuration since at least 1954. It is a very nice bike and I would be very proud to be its' owner.

PS Chris - I fully expected this response from you.

Jerry

Comment

Great photos Jerry, thanks for posting them. I find these photos and those like them give those, like me who are not able to get to these meetings a better idea as to what goes on in the States.

I also personally encourage comments from Chris and any others like these. This input is of great assistance to those in search of accurate restoration information.

Thanks again for the post.

Comment

Hey..I'm no millionaire but I have been around this world a few times...but one thing I know for sure is the Viking boys put" ON ONE HELL OF A SHOW"... Yes the swap meet could have been bigger..we could analyse that to death... but the hospitality and seeing old friends from years gone bye.. as the man says..priceless.. No less less than two guys loaned their trucks to my wife and son and daughter in law to shop with no asking for anything in return. Phil you are the stud.. (And Riley is the coolest) Rick... I thank you for your hospitality, your truck and a cold beer.What makes this meet is the display barn(100 years plus) and the people. They had a B be Cue saturday night..old school..bring something and chip in. To top it off .. Matt Olsen let me take a spin on his 36 knuck. At what meet does that happen. Just got home and I'm planning next June ( And it won't be New York )
              Ross

Comment

Here's some more pics courtesy of Ken. Thanks!!!

Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                  X