Found in the basement of an old farm house in maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found in the basement of an old farm house in maine

This motor was just found, looks like part of the frame still attached, lots of compression no names anywhere does any know what this is???
    Attached Files

Someone set it up to run a belt-drive piece of equipment. Washer (house). Or some pumps or other barn/farm implements. Someone did a nice job engineering that frame and manifold and probably had a good reason for running it at an angle.

Were there any other piece of gear in the basement or around w. belt-drive.

Neat piece of kit!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Judging by the intake manifold which dosn't seem to be home made. The motor was to be in that position? Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I overlooked location in the Original Post. Maine. Any chance that was a Dairy Farm? Perhaps a fairly big or advanced one? Look and see if it went with a Delaval milking machine setup. They sold their own motors... but you weren't tied to it.

C. 1904 - 1910 Delaval was filing a lot of patents. Wouldn't surprise me... if it ran a milking parlour.

I agree in a second look that manifold looks 'store bot' boi Jesis.

Remember that early single motors were 'catalog' items. They could power quadricycles, motorcycles, farm equipment, washing machines.... whatever. This is way, way cool. If you want to sell... ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Early motor

The frame appears to be cut,it was motorcycle or motor bicycle for sure,the carb manifolds and gas tank all appear to have been part of it , converted to run something with a belt, and a home made crank start- the motor still has great compression and the cases and nickel plated stuff clean up well.still hoping some one can I.D. the maker I also found a five digit number stamped into the frame

Comment

check out a little known thread in the pre 16 section called "erie motorcycle" . made by the hammondsport company that also built the curtiss. sometimes rebadged as a reliance.
            www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

I think Jurassic nailed it!!! Here's what it should sound like....

Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Neato. Great way to bench start one, however that dripping gas and that open frame electric motor still running after the motor fired is a bad combination. If you've ever been in a gas fire you know what I mean.
                Lonnie Campbell #9908
                South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

WOW Thanks Jurassic I knew someone would nail it, it will be at Rhinebeck for sale space 308

Comment

good find dewey,, yep thats an another erie with the breeze carburetor ,,great piece i will check it out in rhinebeck, jon szalay

Comment

Working...
                    X