California Indian Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Indian Run

I'm just back from helping prep the land where the California Indian Run is to be held. This year it will be in Smartsville, which is just outside of Marysville, or Yuba City, on HiWay 20. The event promises to be a Deusey!
    It will be on June 9th-12th. Contact Rick DeCost, who is this year's Chief at; dickdecobb@mindspring.com for info, and/or pre-registration.

See ya there, RF.

RF
    Judging from posted comments of the Indian Harley event last week perhaps this Indian run in Smartsville might rub off onto some of the Indian riders. Uh Ooh did I start something.

Comment

I get it, I get it! I don't think we'll be doing too much thinking, or calculating on this rally though.

Good one, RF.

Comment

Red Fred! After you get all done with that terrific sounding California event you'll have enough time to rest up before the Laughing Indian Rider rally up here in B.C.!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Is Laughing at Indians something new?
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I've seen both Indian riders laugh at Harley dudes and vice versa. I don't believe any of it is new...
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
              Red Fred! After you get all done with that terrific sounding California event you'll have enough time to rest up before the Laughing Indian Rider rally up here in B.C.!
              I'd love to go. I've been in the LIR for decades. Went with them to the Irish Rally, and the UK tour many, many moons ago. Got in big trouble with Allan (Zippy) Lawson's wife when she told us young, un-assuming North Americans to go check out an ancient Druid Circle in some mystical setting. She got all spiritual on us, and told us to stand in the middle and close our eyes.
              Now we were bunch of marauding 20 something year olds, on our way to the pub for some action with the lasses, but we took the time to check out the Druid Circle on the way. I came up with the bright idea that we would lie to her in the morning; telling her that the Guiness got the best of us, and we went and pryed the stones out, and it's now the Druid Triangle. We told the tale with a straight face at breakfast, but it sunk like a lead balloon. She still hates me to this day.
              It's OK though, I'm used to it.
              RF.

Comment

It's always a good time hanging out with those guys. Al is good for a tale or two for sure. If there's one thing I've learned from your story RF is that it sounds as if messing with a Scottish gal is a bad idea! I've just confirmed my spot on the LIR run with Son of Howdy and will be there with bells on, albeit with an off brand motorsickle though. It's nice of them to let me tag along!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                X