Comment

• 1930 VL 74 Photo

1930 VL 74
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hey Old Rust..is that a New Jersey plate on that bike?? Hrdly
        Originally posted by Old - Rust

Comment

• Newark, New Jersey Taxi. How cool would this be to ride around on.

The interesting thing about this photo (besides the fact that it is a motorcycle 'Taxi' ) is that even though this is a motorcycle, the bike actually has an automobile license plate on it.

Perhaps the plate was transfered from an earlier automobile Taxi or likely they (NJ State or the City of Newark) only made available commercial automoble plates for Taxi/Limousine services.
          Hrdly
          Attached Files

Comment

• Yes thats a New Jersey plate on that bike. here more from NJ

Comment

• Hey Old Rust, How many vintage New Jersey motorcycle photos in your collection?

You may remember that I had a web-site called The New Jersey Historic Motorcycle Society a couple years ago. In it I had about 30 or so photos from my own personal collection and several that were contributed by other AMCA members.

I am in the process of ressurecting the NJHMCS Web Site. Could always use some more jpeg submitted pics and any specific background info about them if you'd care to.

Also could use any jpeg submitted pics of any original NJ related m/c items like racing brochures, pennants, medals, trophys, MC plates, Dealer literature etc, etc would be appreciated.

As always I credit any contributed items to their owners. You can reach my direct at my e'mail buddog1@ptd.net

Also anyone else out there who might have some original New Jersey M/C items they'ed care to jpeg a pic to me, I'd appreciate it.

Of course I am always looking to purchase such items direct if available.

Later Hrdly

Comment

• Another interesting commercial motorcycle from Newark, NJ Hrdly
                Attached Files

Comment

• Wow!!!!!!!! Those are simply remarkable machines.......... Great picture. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Aren't those Goulding Trucksters? Or something like that? I have some copies of sales lit for them burried in a box somewhere I think. I may have to go searching. That's the real problem with this web site.... It reminds me of all sorts of things and than I have more stuff I want to do.
                    Brian

Comment

• Could be. Check out The Goulding album: James Goulding & his motorcycle sidecars, Claude Goulding, and Dot & Earl Robinson by Ronald L Rae (Unknown Binding - 1990) ...bill

Comment

• I believe they called that product The Gouldcar. Dale Walksler has a beautiful example built around a Knucklehead.
                        JKE

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Har...Harr......... Every Which Way But Loose, I believe. If one goes back and watches that movie, it can be disturbing. A couple of classics got munched. But I guess it was back in the days that nobody thought much about it I guess........ Otherwise it's a pretty funny flick......

Comment

• Here's a great shot of an Earley NJ State trooper on his trusty stead.

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the piggyback rear exhaust pipe portion was for? Hrdly
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I once had a 1930 harley 45 with the same exhaust, and to best of my reasoning - for a speedier look,. there were two pipes connecting the top and bottom but very little exhaust would flow through the upper chamber due to not enough back presure to force flow to the upper chamber

one more inclusion - the 1929 harleys had the same muffler system but had one on each side

aka HAWG

Comment

Working...
                                X