No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a nice picture out of a little paperback I picked up a while ago. The book is called Motorcyclist's Album, by Ivan J. Stretten. It appears to be from the 40's. It has 200 photos in it, of varying quality. Both American and European bikes. It includes several pictures of the author, on various bikes. He appears to be Canadian? Quite a few photos from the Jack Pine. Even has a picture of Dot Robinson pushing her bike with sidecar, through a Jack Pine swamp. It says he was going to try to publish one of these a year. Anybody know about this man?
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Some pics just invoke deep thought, don't they??

Comment

Two wheels is dangerous , gi' me five !!!! Looks about a '15 Harley ! I wonder what those kids were thinking ?? Ken
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a little color. I know it's not a photo but here's a little test. What is it? Clue, it's not a post card. Sorry for the scan quality.
            Attached Files

Comment

I believe it's an ink blotter which was handy in it's day because of the use of fountain pens. I think the bike on the blotter is a 1923 Big Chief because that front fender was only used in '22 and 23.

Comment

You are correct! I came across this a number of years ago and just thought the color was outstanding.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Let's see if this works.

Comment

• newer photo, old toy!

Happy Holidays everyone!

mike

Comment

• This is the first I had a chance to look at this..... all I can say is THANKS. This sure did brighten up a dreary, icy, pennsylvania evening.
                            Brian

Comment

• How many bikes can you identify? The Indian and Yale are pretty easy! Do the "Wilds of Manhatten" still exist? Where is Fort George? Cover of Feb 1906 Motorcycle Illustrated

Comment

• Google the names Ft. George and New York. Has a long and storied history. In Georgetown now. The Wilds may just refer to the county or countryside. ...bill

Comment

Working...
                                X