No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd love to see that photo come to life! It just doesn't look like he's gonna make it. Those are some brave fellas at the end of the line!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

• I don't know Cory. The last guy looks like he's already grabing his winky in preperation for the impact. Notice how there all wereing Pro-Keds. Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

• you sure it's not the 2nd to last guy grabing the last guy?
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• The last three or four guys look to be paper mache models. I hope so, anyway!

Comment

• Bob.... I think Rob is right..... the second to the last guy is looking out for his sure to be landed on buddy at the end of the line........

These dudes thought it would be a good idea to put a gal on the tale end of the suicide mission........

Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by rwm View Post
              you sure it's not the 2nd to last guy grabing the last guy?
              Now that's funny.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

• Is that Adolfe ridding that bike?

Comment

• Winter time

You still wannt to get out in the fresh air and wouldnt mind getting around by motor power. OK, here are two pics of guys with their home made motorcycle engined creations.

The first creation is based on what we in Norway call a "Spark", what is the english word for this creation?

Regards
                  Sverre
                  http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
                  And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                  This is a great theory.
                  If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

• I'd love one of those "Sparks".... Here's another intriguing machine, although not practical for winter conditions........

Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

• Monowheeler

Hi that is cool Cory, I used to let my head spin with the idea of making such a device like 10-15 years ago. I have on an old harddisk some where on wich I collected loads of monowheeler photos. There was even a Norwegian guy who seriously made an attempt in making and use one of those in the twenties, this with a huge wheel tough. I will look for photos of this too, as I know I have that "some where".

Please share if you have more monowheeler images from the early years.

Regards
                      Sverre
                      http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
                      And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                      This is a great theory.
                      If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                        I'd love one of those "Sparks".... Here's another intriguing machine, although not practical for winter conditions........

I can only imagine what happens when ya hit the brakes hard on one of these. Like rolling down a hill inside a tire.
                        Be sure to visit;
                        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                          What i can tell you is that I am told I am the third owner. old bike guru Tom Wilcock probably knows more than I do about my bike! of course he has a lovely 12 single. The story is the original owner bought it in Hamilton, was killed in WW1, his brothers kept it until the 60's when early bike collector Dave Choate acquired it through a trade deal with an early 30's Chrysler that they specifically wanted. I bought it 10 or so years later. Years ago I bought the remains of another, 13, and a 14, a 15 a 16, and a 17 all from the same place in southern Ontario and they had all been there a very long time! With an indian factory up and running in Toronto pre ww1 it is most certain many Harleys were sold in Toronto and vicinity.There were quite a few British bikes as well. I have a brochure showing a line of "Browns" at exhibition park lined up for a race! Also read in one of my early mags of a "hill climb" near Toronto with no less than 3 W.E Brough bikes entered! That is no less than astounding since there are only a handfull of these left anywhere. Maybe the remains of one of these is lurking in some Toronto basement or carriage house now! If you look at bike registrations for Canada in those early years Toronto was the hotbed.
                          Barry
                          Are the floor boards on your thirteen aluminum?
                          Joe

Comment

• Barry can you post a picture of the line of browns you mentioned? i have a friend here in Tennessee who has 2 browns and at least one came from Canada. he is trying to find info and parts to get them restored. thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                              Barry
                              Are the floor boards on your thirteen aluminum?
                              Joe
                              Joe, They are steel but the optional clip on footboard kit was put together by me from parts from Dave Leitner , Tom Wilcock and Jeff Slobodian. As this kit came out in 1917/18 I would suspect steel is correct. Barry

Comment

• Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
                                Barry can you post a picture of the line of browns you mentioned? i have a friend here in Tennessee who has 2 browns and at least one came from Canada. he is trying to find info and parts to get them restored. thank you
                                I sold your friend the original literature 10 years ago!

Comment

Working...
                                X