Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Motorcycles

Cool guys ready to go
    Anyone know what make the twin to the right?

!Check out them mascots on the front mudguards of the two left bikes?!

Unknown motorcycle

Sverre
    http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
    And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
    This is a great theory.
    If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Thanks again for one of the best threads on the entire innynet!

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
        Probably right about the low speeds and spills.

I always ran a 3rd wheel, sidecar, or trike years ago for winter riding in Wisconsin (thru my college years and after). The few times I got caught on 2 wheels on snow wasn't bad UNLESS there was ice under it. One time coming home I just touched the rear brake it seemed and DOWN I went. Can't use your brakes much.

There was nothing better than to go out in the first snow of the season and joy ride. It blows peoples' minds to see motorcycles out in the snow, esp. Harleys with sidecars, etc.

What did you ride winters with in Maine?
        it was a 57 panhead. i bought it from the original owner named jim melville in littleton maine. it was the first and only original paint bike i ruined by repainting it. the bike is still in maine owned by george schott now former owner of schott's harley and later harleys r. u.s. he won't sell it back to me but said he would trade me for another 57 so he doesn't have a "hole" in his collection!!!! i'll try to find a picture and post it.

Comment

• Found These Pics on the net and thought they were pretty interesting
          Attached Files
          Rich
          AMCA #8438

Comment

• A few more
            Attached Files
            Rich
            AMCA #8438

Comment

• Futuristic scooter

Originally posted by rwrun View Post
              Found These Pics on the net and thought they were pretty interesting
              That scooter looking bike is one of my favorit customs. all time. The guy that made this did two. One with a Henderson four engine and one with a Chief I seem to remember. There was a great story on these and the inventor in an since long gone US vintage motorcycle magazine in the early-mid nineties, have it somewhere.
              The Henderson powered one is now with a AMCA memberin the New York area, spoke with the owner at Davenport last.

Sverre
              And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
              This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• American Motorcycles

Some more pictures from the Scandinavian motorcycle scene. These I think are two later model Reading Standards that where quite popular.

Sverre
                This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• American Motorcycles

Another cool shot where the riders go country side, check out that front brake on the bike in the middle, whow.

Sweet girls and an Injun, great combination

Sverre
                  This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Sverre, your collection of old photos continues to amaze me! Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Comment

• www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Cool scooter

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                        Nice photo, from this view it seems like this is the Chief engined one. There is a schebler intake visible?
                        Any more of the Henderson engined bike?

Sverre
                        This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• What do you think it weights?
                          ------------
                          Steve
                          AMCA #7300

Comment

• American Motorcycle ??

Seem to think I have seen this before, anyone know the make??

Sverre
                            This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Old European Mottorcycles

Here is some cool early European stuff that was used in the early days of Scandinavian motorcycling

Sverre
                              http//AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
                              This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                                Good to see this thread is still getting some action. Great pics fellas! I like the last one you posted Sverre. I mean the guys got a flat and he's still smiling. But then again, some of my fondest memories have come from some of my breakdowns!!!

I'm still waiting to rescue one of these machines from the garbage dump, garage sale.....etc....

I like the photos that show early road conditions. Road riding back then was similar to dirt bike riding now.
                                Herbert Wagner
                                AMCA 4634
                                =======
                                The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Working...
                                X