old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Motorcycles Norway

This is a real cool photo showing a quite famous Norwegian author, Ivar Åsen and his family. He was a keen motorcyclist and wrote some essays about motorcycling.
    I used to know a old guy that did travel some with Ivar Åsen when he was a young man. This old guy is now passed but he told me some good stories.

Sverre
    http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
    And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
    This is a great theory.
    If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

This is another cool photo where the lads have stopped for a rest. All essentials are there, primus stove, coffe pot, cold bear and something to eat. Things havent changed that much after all?

Sverre
      http://AmericanMotorcuyclesNorway.blogspot.com
      And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
      This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

Proud owner with Indian Power Plus. Those Power Plusses sold in huge numbers in Norway.

Sverre
        http://American MotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
        This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

This is a motorcycle I find hard to recognize. The fork seems to be Excelsior? but the engine looks like the Harley flat twin Sport.

Sverre
          This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
            Well Cory the weather gal is telling us that we will most likely see 3 to 5 inches of the white stuff later tonight in the southern part of western New York
            I was hoping to get a chance to go for another spin on the injun again either way it's time to get back on the VL with winter comming on...........keep the pix coming they keep me sane in the winter!
            I guess we're going to get winter either way.... It just seems a couple weeks early to me. Chain that Scout up, put a ski on it and maybe some outriggers and you can practice the way of the Injun all winter long..

Here's another dry weather one........

Last edited by c.o.; 10-15-2009, 09:40 PM.
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• Sverre, I'm wondering if that's an Excelsior with the front jug blanked off? Just a thought....
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

• Old motorcycle photo

Here is another oddball, most likely of European make. This must have been one of the first motorcycles to traffic our rodes?

The owner is a rich English guy (at the controls) and his servant. He kept the bike in Norway and used it when he came across to fish salomon every summer.

Sverre
                This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Interesting pic...... If the servant is sitting up front he certainly doesn't look worse for wear, what with the stogey in his hand and all........

Anybody know who's piloting the J-Model in this pic?

Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

• Great pictures . Sverre , I think the 'Forecar' is "The Pheonix" about 1903 , forecars were popular at that period but short lived till the sidecar took over passenger transportation , more sociable side by side than the passenger stuck out front , first in line should there be a frightened horse or accident or thunderstorm !!
                    Ken

Comment

• Forecars

It is a good thing that Disc Braking was still about half a century further along down the Road of Evolution.
                      William McClean
                      AMCA # 60

Comment

• Originally posted by William McClean View Post
                        It is a good thing that Disc Braking was still about half a century further along down the Road of Evolution.
                        LOL........Very good point that may have brought the need for seat belts
                        Chuck
                        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

• Originally posted by William McClean View Post
                          DOUGLAS HAD DISC BRAKES IN 1923. FREDDIE DIXON WON THE FIRST SIDECAR TT WITH THIS DISC BRAKE EQUIPPED OUTFIT

Comment

• Man Barry that's pretty impressive disc brakes in 1923 heck HD figured it was a good idea to install them if I remember correctly on sidecars in 1997 and they still don't work for crap.
                            Chuck
                            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

• Thanks Barry ! Nice photo and Great info !

I was wondering when disc brakes showed up. Cable operated ?
                              I thought that Jaguar was one of the Early automotive use of disc breaking.

I wonder why the got shelved for so long. Warping problems ?
                              William McClean
                              AMCA # 60

Comment

• Great photo, a TT racing machine still got registration plate & seems to be a tax disc on fender!

Comment

Working...
                                X