Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

These are all really incredible images. I'm really thankful your putting them up. Warms my heart on a cold rainy night to look at these. So much thanks!

Also personal family shots are great to see also. Nice when one can add some insight into the photo.

This exposure on a silver plate glass negative (4x5?)would have been so cool to see in color. You can just see the flying Merk crest on tank. Would have been nice to see the pennant on handle bars also. They must have just taken that sign (copper pressed) from inside the shop and hung it on the bike. If you look carefully in the reflection of the storefront glass you see the photographer, the street scape with no people. The dead pan expression on the guys face is great also. Yup- that bike has seen some serious action. It's a beautiful shot. Truly has captured a moment in time. looks like the neg plate must have cracked and was re printed from that as you can see a black line -door handle.

He prob rode it out from the east coast. Got into town- got a room, got cleaned up, and they had him pose for an advert shot the next morning. THe hats not his cause it doesn't fit. Well, that's my guess. I should have been a cop....

Is his speedo drive gear attached to anything?

Comment

Is his speedo drive gear attached to anything? [/B][/QUOTE]

there's a belt drive from the speedo to a front wheel pulley
        Great load of pics , keep them coming , Ken

Comment

Wow Admin-Dude........you should'a been a detective. Your analysis did make me re-look the picture. Sharp eye indeed....... But did you notice that the Emblem looked almost brand spankin' new???

Comment

sunday meetin

Attached Files

Comment

fishin parties

Attached Files

Comment

Anyone from Waukesha ? watch out for this police bike
                Attached Files

Comment

how about something different , I've had two of these and they're great fun to ride but sadly had to go to make room for something else
                  Attached Files

Comment

be nice to run into these two lovelies !!!! or should that be three ??
                    Attached Files

Comment

Home James !!!! damn cold in this thing , hope the Bentley is fixed soon !!!!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Right on!! I hope this thread never ends!!! Pure entertainment............

Comment

here I am in Arkansas looking at a picture that was taken 40 years before I was born in a city very close to where I grew up, and the picture came from a guy in Great Britain. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing??!!

Thanks for posting that Ken, my brother still works for the Water Department in Waukesha Wisconsin. About the time that photo was taken Waukesha was famous for its artesian well spring water, it was probably one of the first bottled waters.

mike

Comment

So pleased they are appreciated , I found about 16 pics at an auto jumble here and have them dotted around the house , anyone know if S.F, Jones still exists ? there must ne lots more out there and I agree with c.o. hope this thread never ends ,
                            Ken (England)
                            Attached Files

Comment

This Thread

These are great, truely appreciated. Thank you for your time...

Mike

Comment

I know this isn't near as old, but I figured that maybe Perry and Admin-Guy would appreciate it.......
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X