No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver you say Scott........ Thanks for the location confirmation.

Just cuz I can't let this thread die......here's a couple more.......

National Cycle, Oshkosh WI.

Armando Magri...... San Pedro.... It's always cool to see a knuckle airborn!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

• Here is a link to some cool Oakland motorcycle club photos I found on The Virtual Indian forum. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobswan...7594381987163/

Comment

• This Scott Parker??

http://www.scottparkerracing.com/Bio.htm

Comment

• Sorry John, that's a different Scott Parker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Parker View Post
            Sorry John, that's a different Scott Parker.
            He's just sayin' that so we won't pester him for autographed photos.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

• Scott those pics were awesome!!! Thanks for posting that link! Oh, and let me get in line when you succumb to signing autographs........

Here's a shot from a Wyoming Excelsior shop.....

Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

• Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

• Cory, in the second from the last photo, what is the woman pouring into the cup? At first I thought acetylin for the light, but--- is it Marvel Mystery Oil...??
                  No wait......... something to do with the front cylinder head?

Comment

• The picture of the wyoming Excelsior shop is fantastic. Thanks Cory.
                    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                      Cory, in the second from the last photo, what is the woman pouring into the cup? At first I thought acetylin for the light, but--- is it Marvel Mystery Oil...??
                      No wait......... something to do with the front cylinder head?
                      That's a good question Rooster. It looks like a posed factory photo but I've never read that H-D required or recommended a gas additive/top end lubricant for early J's. Maybe it's an aftermarket photo for a gas additive. However, the gas cap is still on the gas tank and you would think an ad guy would have thought of that. . . . Maybe it's booze.

In the first photo of this series that Cory posted; there is an Ace lining up with a Harley for what looks to be a race. Who do you think would have won that one. My money would have been on the Harley.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post
                        That's a good question Rooster. It looks like a posed factory photo but I've never read that H-D required or recommended a gas additive/top end lubricant for early J's. Maybe it's an aftermarket photo for a gas additive. However, the gas cap is still on the gas tank and you would think an ad guy would have thought of that. . . . Maybe it's booze.
                        I mention the front cylinder head because it looks like there's something missing on the front part of the head, like a cap. I don't know the first thing about J models, other than it appears to be an I over E style head. Is that a primer cup? Auxilliary valve oiler??
                        Can the photo be enlarged well enough to read the label on the can? Anyone recognize the product in the can by the label?

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post
                          In the first photo of this series that Cory posted; there is an Ace lining up with a Harley for what looks to be a race. Who do you think would have won that one. My money would have been on the Harley.
                          Looks like a 'powder puff' sidehack race, with women as the pilots...!

Comment

• Hi , the hole in the front 'head' is a plug hole , 7/8ths plugs are used on F and J models , possibly putting in something to help start ?? good photo's though and the Ace'll win !!!!!!!
                            Ken

Comment

• You're right about the plug being out Ken. I guess she's going to pour something into the cylinder which seems odd since there are primers for both cylinders, and the gas tank has a primer gun in the cap. Whatever she pours in there is going to either sit on top of the exhaust valve or run out the header if the valve is open.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

• Not to change the subject........but

Just curious,the photo with the dog in the sidecar,is it common for the speedometer to be mounted to the handlebars this is the first time I can recall seeing one mounted there I thought that they were always mounted to the fuel tank.

Also it is driven from the front wheel seems that I have only saw photos of them driven from the rear wheel.
                                Chuck
                                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Working...
                                X