No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He couldn't afford a new tire having spent all his money on those 2-tone wingtips to impress the girls
    William McClean
    AMCA # 60

Comment

• Good call guys, I was looking at the trim and didn't see the bike beneath it. He put '40 emblems on it too, even the pinstripe. Obviously Big Twin but which one?
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• So we have '37 dash and center stand, sqaure foot boards, '40 tank badges, and '39+ tail light and fender trim.. What do you think he started with? If he started as a '37, he had to spend some serious cash (for the time) to get it to look like a 1940 EL. Hell, he was young, no mortgage payments and girls to impress, and a '37 EL that would eat his buddy's VL for lunch. . . . Why buy a new bike?
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

• I know it's been said by others, but I just have to say thanks for sharing these pictures. I've worn my two mouse fingers down to the first knuckle saving them to my hard drive. These will all get printed and will adorn the walls of my barn this summer.

Thanks,
          Regards,
          Rob Sigond
          AMCA # 1811

Comment

• signet

www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• I checked all 22 pages to see if this one had been posted, and I cannot believe it hasn't!

Note how the rider is apparently returning across a dam after a morning swim in the lake behind her.

She certainly seems to be in control of a moving machine, as not only does she grab the ends of the grips for maximum leverage, her foot is firmly upon the footboard, and dust obscures the rear wheel.

And the wind is gently billowing the towel from her thigh.

The final proof that she is commanding the machine is how her East breast points in a different direction than her West, thus they are bouncing from the trail.

Even if it is posed, her smile puts the Mona Lisa to shame!

(Sigh...)

....Cotten
              Attached Files
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-18-2008, 08:37 PM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• That's been on here before but was quickly censored by admin-guy...... Good description Cotton, you could easily write scripts for those ol' silent pictures!!!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

• Before a motorcycle race.......downtown San Diego.......... and the Pepper Tree Motorcycle Club....... sorry to break the chain of gal pics.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by c.o.; 12-18-2008, 08:26 PM.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                    just an observation,but our hero on the left is wearing a wedding band,and i'd be willing to bet his lovely wife requires more maintenance than that old VL.also willing to bet neither of these guys waited till '42 to enlist.
                    Last edited by jurassic; 12-18-2008, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• You can always fix a boo-boo with a band aid Cotton!!! Hilarious!!!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

• nagasaki japan sept. 11th 1945

photo by lloyd j isam

Comment

• Jurassic, you trying to change the subject? This thread 'turning too festive for ya, heh? I've got some photos of December 8th, 1941, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, for comparison. Nanking, Bataan, Burma Railroad, Guadalcanal, Tarawa (where the late, great Bob McClean, USMC, among others, waded in, first wave) come to mind.

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                          Good call guys, I was looking at the trim and didn't see the bike beneath it. He put '40 emblems on it too, even the pinstripe. Obviously Big Twin but which one?
                          Robbie
                          Carburetor's on the right side, out of sight, so it's an EL, OHV. 1937 or mebbe even a '36. I think that clutch pedal a the later one. He must have been given fits by that 4-bolt 36-40 clutch-there's no derby cover on it. 'Like the end of the tailpipe, too! Wish we could see the end of the clutch arm (it's behind the saddlebag).
                          Last edited by Sargehere; 12-19-2008, 02:23 PM.
                          Gerry Lyons #607
                          http://www.37ul.com/
                          http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

• there must be something here we can't see, but what holding that old bike up

Comment

• How do you think OAKLEY FROGS would look as a top rocker?
                              Regards,
                              Rob Sigond
                              AMCA # 1811

Comment

• Aside from taste in bikes, how much else do you figure these two have in common?
                                Attached Files
                                Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
                                X