Clear All

• tumblr_oh43uj5i8r1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• $_57888.jpg
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - March 22, 2021

So the swing through the states by the numbers takes us to Massachusetts - home of Indian Motorcycle. Indian cycle on the flight line. Thought it was interesting seeing the kick of the guy turning the plane prop.

Mike Love

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 7.44.58 AM copy.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
          This photo is very interesting? First of all the diversity of bikes and one of my favorites and K model Harley. What is up with the mini foot lockers? Are they tied adequacy to the bikes or just a "let's get this photo done so we can get this done right" situation. Who was the older lady and how was she related to the group? Was she a clerk at the S. S. Kreske in the background where the footlockers came from? Does anyone really care about these questions? HaHa. Great photo Bob.

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
            Vintage Pic of the Day - March 22, 2021

...Thought it was interesting seeing the kick of the guy turning the plane prop.

Mike Love
            Very cool airplane. Beech 17 'Staggerwing'. Pushrod 'overhead valve' radial engine design that was part of the inspiration for the Knucklehead. And that kick was part the textbook method of hand-proping them back in the day.
            Last edited by droptopford; 03-22-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

This photo is very interesting? First of all the diversity of bikes and one of my favorites and K model Harley. What is up with the mini foot lockers? Are they tied adequacy to the bikes or just a "let's get this photo done so we can get this done right" situation. Who was the older lady and how was she related to the group? Was she a clerk at the S. S. Kreske in the background where the footlockers came from? Does anyone really care about these questions? HaHa. Great photo Bob.

Mike Love
              My guess was it is a picture of a "Pirates Treasure Run", talked about in old magazines. They were usually a sort of treasure/scavenger hunt following clues to find the "treasure chest". Those were either the chests getting ready to go out or the winners of the event.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Vintage Pic of the Day - March 16, 2021

New Orleans 1969, a visit from a Houston area Grim Reaper MC member according to the caption.

Mike Love

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 1.20.15 PM copy.jpg
                New girlfriend on polishing duty says: "Hey! Where's the passenger pegs? .. . I want my hair curlers back!

....Cotten
                PS: What kind of heads does that Linkert feed?
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-22-2021, 04:46 PM.
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• tumblr_oh46ptIBhW1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• New girlfriend on polishing duty says: "Hey! Where's the passenger pegs? .. . I want my hair curlers back!

....Cotten
                    PS: What kind of heads does that Linkert feed?
                    Last edited by T. Cotten; Today, 04:46 PM.
                    Shovel Heads made of aluminum heads based on the design of the ironhead XL heads but shallower. Since it had a linkert carb I would say it is 66 to 68.

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by droptopford View Post

Very cool airplane. Beech 17 'Staggerwing'. Pushrod 'overhead valve' radial engine design that was part of the inspiration for the Knucklehead. And that kick was part the textbook method of hand-proping them back in the day.
                      Thanks droptopford.

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubone View Post

My guess was it is a picture of a "Pirates Treasure Run", talked about in old magazines. They were usually a sort of treasure/scavenger hunt following clues to find the "treasure chest". Those were either the chests getting ready to go out or the winners of the event.
                        Thanks Robbie - I need to add another type of run to my list. I have been on again off again picking up bits of info from the old AMA magazine about the fundraising and fun road runs. The Pirates Treasure Run is a new one to me. Maybe someday do a little write up.

Mike Love

Comment

• $_571111.jpg
                          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - March 23, 2021

Louisville, Kentucky motor cop.

Mike Love

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 7.43.13 AM copy.jpg

Comment

Vintage Pic of the Day - March 23, 2021

Mike Love

Isn't that a 1930 VL with the twin headlights? Time machine back to 1921!

Comment

Vintage Pic of the Day - March 23, 2021

Mike Love

Probably a typo - bike is 1930 but still a neat picture. What is the device that other cop is leaning? Jerry

Comment

Working...
                                X