This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Pics of the - December 1, 2020

A plan comes together for this Grey Fellow.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 7.53.00 AM copy.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
      Vintage Pics of the Day - December 28, 2020

Any Gray Fellows in these photos?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30335[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30336[/ATTACH]

Mike Love
      The policeman on the 1911 in 1913..1911 twins were belt drive the HD shown is a year or 2 later...
      Ross

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - December 2, 2020

Vintagent a pretty cool blog on vintage motorcycling offers that these two men were return WW2 veterans. The rider on the right Lucas Dawkins saved money during his deployment to Europe and bought a new Vincent Raptide. Both cool looking bikes, the one on the left an H-D EL had been modified as many were by returning vets to shed weight in the bobbed fashion. That EL looks pretty new as well.
        Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.31.20 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross View Post

The policeman on the 1911 in 1913..1911 twins were belt drive the HD shown is a year or 2 later...
          Ah so the reference had incorrect info so later version. Would it have been the same model just an evolution to the final drive?

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by ihrescue View Post

Ah so the reference had incorrect info so later version. Would it have been the same model just an evolution to the final drive?

Mike Love
            Mike the tank is not an 11 also there is a primary cover and as stated a later rear hub with no belt drive..I think they got it right at 1913 for the year of the photo and probably the bike..The 11 twin is a 7D model and this could be a late 12... 8D model, but more likely a 13...I really only know the ins and outs of the 1911 twin Cheers PS Lovin' the big pics for my bad eyes
            Ross

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross View Post

Mike the tank is not an 11 also there is a primary cover and as stated a later rear hub with no belt drive..I think they got it right at 1913 for the year of the photo and probably the bike..The 11 twin is a 7D model and this could be a late 12... 8D model, but more likely a 13...I really only know the ins and outs of the 1911 twin Cheers PS Lovin' the big pics for my bad eyes
              Yes the big pics are great, not to mention avoiding carpel tunnel syndrome form clicking on too many thumbprint photos. Thanks for the model difference comments. I wonder if anyone can name the gent sitting on the Grey Fellows crate?

Mike Love

Comment

• Thanks for all your hard work Mike. The large pics really make it more like what it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by badger34

He was George Puls, a popular H-D factory traveling salesman. Unfortunately he died very young in early 1914 of diabetes complications. The special case he's pictured sitting on was one used for transporting the race machines. I have even found one early race report with George listed in the race results riding onboard a H-D machine of course.
                  Thanks badger34. Its a very cool portrait.

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by FNG1 View Post
                    Thanks for all your hard work Mike. The large pics really make it more like what it was.
                    I appreciate it FNG1.

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - December 3, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 7.48.39 AM copy.jpg
                      Last edited by ihrescue; 12-04-2020, 05:51 AM. Reason: Improve image spacing

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - December 4, 2020

I passed this family's house on the way to school every morning in the 60s and he always had a brand new Triumph in a crate in the bed of his pick up truck. I'd look at it until I needed to scoot along so I wasn't late. Once I got my own bicycle I would go up to the shopping center where he had his shop, just a door to the basement and small maybe 20' X 20' showroom. He had a great selection of big water transfer decals - flames, devils, gals. But the bikes mostly imported Triumphs but then a few of these new Hondas. Bob Meyers (and I think his wife's name was Joanne) started Free State Cycle in Glenmont Maryland. Bob I later found out became one of the first importers of Triumphs and Hondas after WW2 in the US. In 1965 the Meyers moved their shop to a bigger stand alone operation in Bladensburg Maryland and while Bob has since passed they are still in the family and still in business though yet again another new business location. Truly my first interest in motorcycles.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 7.11.19 AM copy.jpg

Comment

• Great photo of him sitting on a Triumph and a Honda Dream sitting behind him. PLUS, a (looks like) Dodge Sweptline Crew Cab pickup behind that! Coca Cola machine inside... lots of cool stuff! I'm sure some Triumph "guy" could figure out what year he is next too.
                          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post
                            Great photo of him sitting on a Triumph and a Honda Dream sitting behind him. PLUS, a (looks like) Dodge Sweptline Crew Cab pickup behind that! Coca Cola machine inside... lots of cool stuff! I'm sure some Triumph "guy" could figure out what year he is next too.
                            I mentioned that pick up truck in front of Mr. Myers house with a different crated new motorcycle in it everyday? I am certain that is the truck and yes a crew cab. They must have let the designer from the 64 Coronet make a contribution and he so loved his C post design that he offered that B post modification on the crew cab.

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - December 5, 2020

Well kind of weird in the vintage sense, the image is not exactly vintage but the subject, eleven 1975 Norton Interstates found after owner dies. The Nortons were unpacked from the original manufacturer's shipping containers in a Belgium basement. Any lover of vintage motorcycles knows about this but I thought I'd offer an opportunity to see this again. If I were one of Pavlovs' canine subjects I'd be drooling without the bell. This is the stuff of daydreams - a picker's Holliday.

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.03.03 AM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.06.27 AM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.06.06 AM copy.jpg

Mike love

Comment

• VERY Cool pictures of the Nortons!! I've never seen it before so Thank You! Who doesn't want to put one of those together? I sure do!
                                Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                                X