Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not bike related but I like the straight side pipes on the 59 Ranchero.

Comment

• Originally posted by droptopford View Post
      Not bike related but I like the straight side pipes on the 59 Ranchero.
      Hence the comment with the picture...

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I'm hoping there was an exhaust cutout because a tailpipe is visible exiting under the rear bumper, otherwise the Lake Pipes were just decorative and that would be a bummer.

Comment

• Originally posted by badger34 View Post

I'm hoping there was an exhaust cutout because a tailpipe is visible exiting under the rear bumper, otherwise the Lake Pipes were just decorative and that would be a bummer.
          I noticed the tailpipe too. Just assumed there would be some sort of cutout/reroute to the side pipes. Can't picture those hard core hot rodders running dummy pipes. And no heat shields!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
            I doubt that is William Henderson as he was consumed with making ACE a success, and was well finished with Excelsior/Henderson. Also, he was killed in Sept. of 1922. I am guessing the Henderson is a '21-'23 K model based on the headlight and long tank configuration. Those are hard years for me to guess as the changes were very small. That is a terrible way to fix a clincher tire since the Henderson fender could be rotated thus allowing the wheel to be wrangled out the back. Clinchers are difficult to mount, and very hard to get the flaps to overlap around the inner tube under the best of conditions.

Thanks for posting that Henderson picture, JoJo. I've not seen that picture before so I'll be delighted to add it to my Henderson K folder.

p.s. What do think that can in the foreground contains?
            Last edited by exeric; 04-09-2024, 02:56 PM.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post

I doubt that is William Henderson as he was consumed with making ACE a success, and was well finished with Excelsior/Henderson. Also, he was killed in Sept. of 1922. I am guessing the Henderson is a '21-'23 K model based on the headlight and long tank configuration. Those are hard years for me to guess as the changes were very small. That is a terrible way to fix a clincher tire since the Henderson fender could be rotated thus allowing the wheel to be wrangled out the back. Clinchers are difficult to mount, and very hard to get the flaps to overlap around the inner tube under the best of conditions.

Thanks for posting that Henderson picture, JoJo. I've not seen that picture before so I'll be delighted to add it to my Henderson K folder.

That rectangular can has a Mobiloil label on it.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• A flat tire, out of oil, what else plagued that Henderson ? . . . Oh yeah, prohibition, and the great depression.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

• tumblr_nxx3lhGU3K1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• To go along with JoJo357's post #3848 above which includes three photos of Ralph Berndt below is a link to the AMA Museum Hall of Fame page on Ralph Berndt. My grandfather worked with Ralph in H-D's Experimental Department. Up until the 1970's the Racing and Experimental Dept's occupied the same space at the H-D factory. Ralph's signature is included in my grandfather's 1975 retirement card and Ralph later retired himself in 1978.

http://hof.motorcyclemuseum.org/hall...px?RacerID=375

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                      Hence the comment with the picture...
                      \

Well, mine's no Ranchero and no Lake Pipes either. That ain't stoppin' me from expressing my interest!

59 FORD 003.jpg
                      Last edited by droptopford; 04-10-2024, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• That is a well optioned, and beautiful '59 Ford, d-t-f.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post

Can is Mobiloil Gargoyle and looks European, possibly Australian.

Comment

\

Well, mine's no Ranchero and no Lake Pipes either. That ain't stoppin' me from expressing my interest!

59 FORD 003.jpg
                            Hence~D.T.F.. Very Nice five nine Fairlane 500 ragtop.
                            Here is my Caddy Daddy~0

fullsizeoutput_2e42.jpeg

*M.A.D.*
                            Last edited by JoJo357; 04-10-2024, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• tumblr_nxx3k6wqWJ1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
                              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                              X