• Lower photo in #3513 is a 1933 VL.

Comment

• tumblr_o8ogbm9j341sh016ho1_1280.jpg
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Hogs Back Rd, Fries lake, Wi, 1941.jpeg
              John Heimerl Joe Hose, Wausau Wi.jpeg

Comment

• Appears to be five 1933 VL 's from the Clifton, New Jersey (?) P.D. All have Little Beauty spotlights, but what is with the forks? Am I missing something? In the picture they look like hydraulic forks. Or is it some kind of fork leg cover?? And the panel truck in the background would make a cool bike hauler.
                Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by ammorest View Post
                  Appears to be five 1933 VL 's from the Clifton, New Jersey (?) P.D. All have Little Beauty spotlights, but what is with the forks? Am I missing something? In the picture they look like hydraulic forks. Or is it some kind of fork leg cover?? And the panel truck in the background would make a cool bike hauler.
                  Dave
                  Dave, what you are missing is the holders for billy clubs mounted on the rigid fork leg.
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Originally posted by badger34

Hogsback Rd is a very short stretch of road and the Milwaukee Motorcycle Club had a clubhouse at Friess Lake.

Thanks again for sharing these pic's Dick!
                    Your entirely welcome. I just lost a good friend last week and l want to get these photos out there before I join him. I used to go to Hogsback Rd.in the late 60's/70's to drink beer and maybe smoke one of dem dare funny lookin cigarettes. 2 o'clock in the morning after the bars closed! I also used to take my motorcycle and try to get air over the hills. And I did and nobody died. How I don't know. I broke my collarbone not far from Hogsback Rd.on Easter Sunday 1070. Hit a series of frost heaves in the road and went into a tank slapper and went over the bars. Threw the bike into my dads station wagon and he was nice enough to drop me off at the ER. The nurse was so nice she soaked a wad of cotton with alcohol and cleaned my road rash. Son of a bitch that burned!!!!!!

Comment

• Mary.jpeg
                      Miggs Hesprich on Sal s 1935 74 Harley She drove it.jpeg

Comment

• Badger,'32 & later R had rear brake & chain on right
                        front fender mounted to rear fork leg on R
                        This looks like VL with front fender mounted to spring fork
                        Last edited by duffeycycles; 09-30-2023, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Robbie, thanks for the billy club holder info. I probably should have thought of that. I have a retired motor officer friend that has them of two of his police bikes; a 1965 FLH and a 1977 FLH. His are mounted on the left windshield bracket.
                          Dave

Comment

• Interesting that the 1933 VLs in #3517 have the front mounted Hedberg siren, hard to find these days. For 1934 most would switch to the Sterling siren mounted at the left rear. Some 1935/36 CHP VLs omitted the new right rear tool box bracket so that they could mount the made-in-California Hedberg siren at the right rear.

Comment

• tumblr_o8og6sOzFr1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
                              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                              X