• Show
Clear All

• More Texas patrol pics..

image_33320.jpg

Texas Hwy Patrol.jpg
    (An armature rewinder!)

Texas Hwy Patrol 2.jpg

....Cotten
    PS: I've got more than a handfull of other Texas patrol pics,... but they are all on HDs.
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-25-2022, 12:28 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      Here Eric, your new state and my home state having a border visit...
      Thanks Robbie. I came across I-40 on the drive out and saw more of New Mexico than I'd ever seen before. Looks like some good riding out there.

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
      PS: I've got more than a handfull of other Texas patrol pics,... but they are all on HDs.
      Cotten, I'd love to see those too! The few Texas Highway Patrol pictures I have all seem to show the officers on Indians. As always, thanks for sharing.

Eric Olson
      Membership #18488

Comment

• Originally posted by EricOlson View Post

Thanks Robbie. I came across I-40 on the drive out and saw more of New Mexico than I'd ever seen before. Looks like some good riding out there.

Cotten, I'd love to see those too! The few Texas Highway Patrol pictures I have all seem to show the officers on Indians. As always, thanks for sharing.

I-40 is some of the most boring part of the state Eric, you need to get back out here, although we probably have way too many Texans out here trying to escape their home state.
        This is out my front door..
        DCP_1407.JPG
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Texas Hwy Patrol A.jpg

Texas Hwy Patrol.jpg

Texas Patrolman.jpg

Texas Hwy Patrol Training technique.jpg

texashighwaypatrol.jpg

....Cotten
          AMCA #776

Comment

• This time the Texas Highway Patrol are riding Harleys rather than Indians. The top picture looks like a 1936 VL with the first year bar and shield horn face and the one year horn brackets. The middle ones look like 1934 VLs with the one year upswept muffler, last year front tool box and first year skirted fenders. The lower one could be 1931/2 VL with the flat lens Motolamp, earlier T-manifold and mudguards, but updated with the 1934 muffler.

Comment

• Couple more...

Texas_Police_Museum_-_City_of_Beaumont_Texas.jpg
              (Texas Police Museum City of Beaumont Texas)

texashighwaypatroltrio.jpg

And one previously posted...
              Texas Patrol practice.jpg

...Cotten
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-27-2022, 06:55 AM.
              AMCA #776

Comment

• Thanks for posting all the Texas pictures Cotten, and for the descriptions Steve. It's a great way to start my day!
                Eric Olson
                Membership #18488

Comment

• Thanks all for posting the great pictures! Steve, in the last pic in 2284 that looks to be a siren on the right side just in front of the saddlebag. I have never seen one mounted in that location or the linkage it must employ....Have you? Please elaborate if so. Thanks ,,,,Smitty

Comment

• Enough of this foolishness...

zpson21e3yr.jpg

zzTMjC.jpg

zpsnkpy210r.jpg

We have laws.

....Cotten
                    AMCA #776

Comment

• In 2286 they look like 1934 VLs with the last year Motolamp and first year fenders with the side valances, also fitted with the accessory leg shields. For the target practice shot it is interesting they have a mixed fleet of Indians and Harleys. For Smitty in 2284 the right side siren is probably the Hedberg, which mounts on the opposite side to the regular Sterling one. For 1935/6 the California Highway Patrol bikes supported local industry and used the made-in-Cal Hedberg siren. This meant they did not use the then new right hand rear rectangular toolbox, but continued with a version of the toolbox still over the front forks. As the CHP was said to run 600 motorcycles at the time, nearly all Harleys, they would have got the attention of the Factory.

Comment

• *M.A.D.*

fullsizeoutput_1d3f.jpeg
                        Fire-and-Police-1922-1024x813.jpg
                        fullsizeoutput_1e45.jpeg
                        AutoStutzMotorcycle.jpg
                        Last edited by JoJo357; 04-28-2022, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• Good eye Badger34. Image #2, is a Delaware State Police Officer. And Image #3. is a Lucky Michigan State Police Officer.

*M.A.D.*
                          Last edited by JoJo357; 04-28-2022, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• *M.A.D.*

**Images #3. & #4.~~Alabama State Police. Image #4. taken in 1936.

**Image #5.~~Connecticut State Police Impound. 1936 Indian 'Inverted' Captain Crunch 4.

----------> https://youtu.be/6tbsehFgSGE <-------------

K541Outten1944MC@HQ-1024x853.jpg

122565604_scaled_610x452.jpg
                            indsey-Chief-L-C-Hicks-Joe-Gazzo-Sr-Wallace-Butler-Harley-Davidson-dealer-Olynn-H-Flynn-unk-loc-unk-date-1024x817.jpg
                            36-motors-1024x654.jpg

Dept-Acc-1936-Heinhold-O.Saybrook-M.C.7-1024x681.jpg
                            Last edited by JoJo357; 04-28-2022, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• 2291 #2 is a 1936 VL with the one year fork shield and horn brackets, but with the tank in the 1933 style. In 2291 #6 the lady is filling up what looks like a 1931/32 VL with the flat lens Motolamp.

Comment

Working...
                              X