Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter, I bet there's few to zero labels accompanying and describing these great pictures, it's the internet after all. But it's fun to view these and think about the back story for each by trying to decipher what clues you can find in the picture. Like the sidecar one just above, in the snow...I'd say it's in Europe because of the cars and the way people are dressed...plus the left side mounted side car. But you'll notice that people DO occasionally throw out guesses about different photos, all part of the fun I think
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

• *M.A.D.*

U33NsL.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommo View Post
        I'm not sure about other people but personally I'd like to see some details of the pictures posted
        The Harley in the snow above is just another Harley in the snow and really holds no interest to me but add names, date, location and what they were there for and my attention is immediately gained.
        If no details are known why not ask and then we can all learn about our motorcycling history and hopefully critical knowledge and information is not lost forever.
        That's my 2 cents worth anyway.
        I wish I had info but I don't, just a flash drive full of pictures I'm sharing for viewing pleasure. I'm sorry you don't enjoy the pictures without details. I enjoy all the advertisements you post, thanks for sharing those. Here are a few more without added commentary.

1170_001_zps92c55ead.jpg

1171_001_zps0492b64d.jpg
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• I do like it when people notice year specific details that give clues to a motorcycle's year, or to features in the background that identify time, and place.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

• Many of my pics, Folks,...

Had info in their file names when I snagged them, so I include what I know when I post, because this forum's format erases file name information and replaces it with image_xxxxx.

That makes it nearly impossible to locate and retrieve a file when you have over ten thousand archived, and twice as hard to avoid re-posting previous entries.

So I'm thankful for the alternate topics of 'advertising' and 'skin', because it helps searching. We shouldn't hesitate to pick themes!

hogrider.jpg

....Cotten
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-26-2022, 12:56 PM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• So . . .
              How do you tune the carb on THAT one Cotten?
              Manifold leaks on that beast????

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
                So . . .
                How do you tune the carb on THAT one Cotten?
                Manifold leaks on that beast????
                Exhaust leaks would be more of a worry, Paul,..

hog riding.jpg

Probably better tuned with corn than beans, but it would run on anything.

....Cotten
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• Many of the pictures I have are from internet archives, so back stories and additional details can be lacking. I'm always happy when I see someone offer info on a posted picture. Here's one that actually had the text on the back of the picture scanned as well. It certainly adds to the interest of the picture!

a group of Rural Free Delivery, (R.F.D.) carriers delivering the Christmas mail in Delphos, Kansas. Front.jpg

a group of Rural Free Delivery, (R.F.D.) carriers delivering the Christmas mail in Delphos, Kansas. Back.jpg
                  Eric Olson
                  Membership #18488

Comment

• Eric, doesn't get any better than that!
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• One I've posted before.
                      image_32676.jpg

JD Pueblo back.jpg
                      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
                        Eric, doesn't get any better than that!
                        I agree Bob! Here's another I found. Am I just getting old or does this kid look to be about 12?!

Curly-haired dispatch rider Private Terry S. Higa adjusts his goggles as he prepares to mount his motorcycle and deliver a message front.jpg

Curly-haired dispatch rider Private Terry S. Higa adjusts his goggles as he prepares to mount his motorcycle and deliver a message back.jpg
                        Eric Olson
                        Membership #18488

Comment

• Fantastic pictures, Eric. Always great to have a story behind a picture. My Grandfather documented planting times, weather anomalies, and odd ephemera on the clapboards of his garage.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

• The Taos Pueblo shot (very cool) has an HD of a certain vintage (dunno my Harleys) and an automobile way in the background, and with the skyline profile of the Pueblo one might be able to put a time frame on that one.

wait...are those tire chains on that Harley Davidson?
                            Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

• Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
                              The Taos Pueblo shot (very cool) has an HD of a certain vintage (dunno my Harleys) and an automobile way in the background, and with the skyline profile of the Pueblo one might be able to put a time frame on that one.

wait...are those tire chains on that Harley Davidson?
                              The profile hasn't changed much, here is a pretty current picture...about 6 miles from my home as the crow flies. And yes, those are chains.

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
                                *M.A.D.*

U33NsL.jpg
                                Nice photo. My thought on this mid year Knucklehead is that it is a 1941 induced rake frame motorcycle. Man would I like to be able to look this motorcycle over. Jerry

Comment

Working...
                                X