X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 692d343a5eac8b5e83f33bf6ba9b00ed.jpg
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• a young Bruce Dern... standing next to Peter Fonda ?

C2K

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefTwoKicks View Post
        a young Bruce Dern... standing next to Peter Fonda ?

C2K
        And the great Roger Corman, C2K!

Meanwhile, everybody knows this actress....

Irene Ryan and Cary Grant.jpg

....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-31-2022, 11:39 AM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefTwoKicks View Post
          OK Eric... how 'bout this one ? pic #2037; two mid-western farmers... one on the tractor, probably gonna be workin' late... and the man on the Harley, his best buddy, still in his workshop clothes, reads his newspaper at the shop during the lunch break... !!!
          Bill's gonna ride out and tell his friend Tom the news. arrives and says "Hey Tom. the paper says the War is over". The tractor guy has the a look, of something like... "ah, thats BS, I dont believe it".

cool bobbed front fender... cut down after a spill. the bike looks like it has plenty of miles on back roads. I know nothing about tractors, although this one doesn't look like its got alot of miles on it, by the condition of the tires. He's dressed for a pleasant day. not too, not too cold.

no guess why the photographer was doing a photo shoot in the middle of no-where... except maybe the the local gum-shoe newspaper writer was thinking something like this...Now I have to figure out a way to get the news out...nobody is gonna this... maybe if I spread the word with a picture of tellin' the farmers out here. geez, the nearest town is almost 30 miles away in Omaha. gonna have to break 'em in slow, nobody's gonna believe this story.

Here's what the newspaper photographer says...

"Hey Bill, I'll follow you out to the field, and if I can keep with you... get set up, and when you tell Tom 'the war is over', I'll take a few pic's... that way if it goes to print, I might sell a few more copies".
          whadda say ?

Oh, the crap I can dream up sometimes !! could be a possiblity, we'll really never know. anyone can put a description on the photo to set the scene or even the perceived "tone" of the message intended. Maybe I should just limit my scrutiny to only the motorcycles. I will have plenty of questions. Did the rider really cut his fender after a spill, or how did that really happen ?

I love this thread !! strawberry fields forever https://youtu.be/HtUH9z_Oey8

C2K
          I like it! And... you might be right about the war just ending. The picture says it was taken in 1953, which is the year the Korean War ended. Perhaps that is exactly what they were talking about.

Here's another one. I can imagine lots of good conversation went on this shop. Love to hear what these fella's had to say before and after this picture. The text I have with it says "Brown's Garage in Dorrance, Russell County, Kansas. Aug 29, 1911". I bet there's some stories here!

Brown's Garage in Dorrance, Russell County, Kansas. Aug 29, 1911.jpg

Eric Olson
          Membership #18488

Comment

• R Model A.JPG Asking for a friend: Here is picture of a Harley his grandfather had. R Model? Crazy wheels & sheepskin seat cover.

Comment

• Chain & carb on the left side so big twin flathead, I've not seen hubcaps/wheel covers like that before.
              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

And the great Roger Corman, C2K!

Meanwhile, everybody knows this actress....

Irene Ryan and Cary Grant.jpg

....Cotten
                *Irene Dunne.

*M.A.D.*

Mercenary Cary Grant Anne Sheridan I Was A Male War Bride Movie Sidecar.jpg

Comment

• 703b5ca166930e59c2bb8d7e1515dcb5.jpg
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 723j.jpg
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 2047 is a Harley VL much tricked out. The cylinders look like the 1930-33 style, and the lack of chrome covers on the primary suggests the same. The heads are later aftermarket or just painted silver. Horn brackets look like 1936-39 RL and mudguards later style or re-worked. The round air cleaner did not come out until 1936 Tank decal is 1936-39, tail light is later and buddy seat is a typical later addition. I'm guessing a 1940s or 1950s picture.

Comment

• THANKS Steve
                        I will let him know.

Comment

• *M.A.D.*

''They always run faster when You lose some unnecessary weight''.

1170728_842071832556779_6024553417103115295_n.jpg

Whoops~forgot the rim lock screws.

Steve-Bast-Archives-Column.jpg
                          Last edited by JoJo357; 02-01-2022, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• 730b925d30a38d204f715efa59569afb.jpg
                            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 754a528fdc68529c8f864439d7cc0cb6.jpg
                              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Vintage Pics of the Day - February 2, 2022

Dead at 100 General John Singlaugh was a special ops commander going back to WWII Pacific Theater. What bike is he seen on here?

IMG_6907.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

Working...
                                X