Name the bike
Collapse
X
-
Tom!!! I was initially swaying toward Miami but thought that the front end on the picture ricmoran posted was a little different and went in the "Thor" direction. When jurassic posted the '11 ad I focused on the frame and paid no more attention to the front end at that point. Sorry ricmoran, I may have led you astray. If it's a Miami, it could be as late as 1916. Here are a few pics of a '15 Miami for a little reference... http://providence-ri.americanlisted...._18633759.html The fork still looks a little different to me. I wish that I could get a better bearing on the engine position. That would clear things up a bit. Goshdarnitt.. I'm stuck!!!
-
Name that bike
From my information the bike looks like a Miami. The front fork looks indentical. The front fender braces are different than the Miami in my picture though. In my literature the Thors that used the trussed fork as on the Miami used a different type of springing. Tho only ones I've seen with the Miami type suspension have a single blade type fork. Tom Wilcock AMCA 381Miami.jpg
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks guys, I am sure the fellow that asked about this will be happy to understand what bike it is his early family member is on. Best to you in 2012.
Leave a comment:
-
Jurassic, so can we agree that the photo of the bike posted is in fact an '11? I just eyeballed a photo of a '10 and you are right, the 1911 frame is a "dead giveaway".
Leave a comment:
-
Named after the god of thunder....?
Lightning bolt in the name aswell......
Leave a comment:
-
Why the motorcycle was named "Thor"
I understand that the motorcycle was so rough riding and the seat was so uncomfortable that, after riding it any distance at all, you were "tho thor you could hardly thit"!
Happy New Year!
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Cory and Rob. Cookes and milk, oh yea.....ginger bread cookies, pecan log rolls with powdered sugar, sugar cookies shaped like a Christmas tree with colored frosting to look like lights and garland. Gee, i just put on 3 pounds talking about it!
Leave a comment:
-
Rob, I believe you are correct. If my memory isn't failing me, 1911 was the last of the belt drives but was only used on the singles that year. I'd sure like to see a pic of one when the festivities are over. Now you've got me craving cookies!!!
Leave a comment:
-
i'm believe thor made belt drives. but i never saw one yet. i need to look through some of my photos when it's not lights, tree and cookies. mmm warm cookies. i'll take a look this week.
Leave a comment:
-
The photo is a little tough to get a good bearing on. If I were to take a guess, I would say it's roughly a 1909-1911 Thor.
Leave a comment:
-
Name the bike
A little help, on one of the other MC forums a fellow is asking for help as this is someone from his family. Can anyone advise what make and year this bike is? Only photo available.
Thanks for any info.Tags: None
Leave a comment: