forum software, is it a problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum software, is it a problem?

1)...on my computers yesterday and into today I couldn't access the forum. Was there a problem?

2) I've seen the box on the main page of the forum that says one can customize the site a bit by clicking "edit site above"...but I've never been able to find the "edit site" button...anywhere on the site. So, is there actually an "edit site" button anywhere?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

What mystifies me, Harry...

Now Power Sports InstructorWanted "Guest" posts instantly every time I log on.

It used to be only once a morning.

That suggests it was just a maintenance requirement, and I thank those who provide this valuable forum!

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-13-2022, 05:14 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I had an issue yesterday as well: contacted Mike and situation was fixed today. There was a problem with a "server" (Though how wait-staff issues effects the forum site I have no idea.) Anyhow all good now!

Comment

Did they ever fill that Power Sports Instructor position?
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

He just posted again, must want to fill the position bad!

In fact, he posts every time I refresh the site.

...Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-13-2022, 09:03 PM.
          AMCA #776

Comment

Tom, I think you, and many others are every bit a 'power sports instructor'. I think it is the details, and minutia of all motor driven conveyances that separate the obvious from the focused enthusiasts, and devotees. Some people are good at doing, some at showing, but the rarest are good at both.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
              Tom, I think you, and many others are every bit a 'power sports instructor'. I think it is the details, and minutia of all motor driven conveyances that separate the obvious from the focused enthusiasts, and devotees. Some people are good at doing, some at showing, but the rarest are good at both.
              He's definitely after me, Eric!

Why else would our guest log on at exactly the same minute. (Doh! A 'bot.... dammit...)

My glory days are gone, Folks,...

But they were good ones.

....Cotten
              AMCA #776

Comment

We did have a problem accessing the forum as you all reported back in July and then again today (August 17, 2022). It is unusual that we would have that twice in a month and Jon Radermacher, AMCA member and web master for the forum is scratching his head as well. We procure web services in regard to a server that our forum program sits on from a business. We're not sure if maybe they have done maintenance or some other operation that kicked their users off a server? Not sure. Please let me know as soon as possible when this happens. Jon can do what he needs to do to reboot from home or work so we can get back on line asap. Thanks to PaulCDF for let me know about the past couple of blank screen events.

Mike Love
                AMCA Forum Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X