X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pic-post-prob

This is the error message I get when I try to upload an attachment:

"Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

So, I get this error message when I try to post a recent picture I took with my cell phone. I took the picture yesterday with my phone, sent it to my email, and then sent it to my Sport Scout file on our desktop computer. That is where I try to get the picture from, using the "upload Attachments" tab. Is the picture too big, or is there some mystery firewall thing that would be sure to flummox a dumbass like Eric?
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Maybe there is hope for me yet. I resized the picture (somehow) and we'll see how it looks. julyscout1a.jpg
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Eric,
      Check the save as on the phone AP you used to take the picture. The format might be different than your pc. I have never owned or used a cell phone (cave man) though I know mine is usually jpeg and can use TIF, GIF and a couple of other formats.

I had a problem in sending Stan Selerowski my speedometer photos once through my email. Took forever to load and could only send 3 at a time. I discovered if I used something like MS Word or changed the whole format of the series, like make them a pdf file though not change the actual format of the images themselves, I could place as many in as necessary. Recently I had to send my Scout information to BMB Cycles in NC and a pdf was the only program that could hold all the photos and still send them at the same time.

Might be a similar issue with phones. I'd say its just a format issue.
      -JR
      Last edited by JTR249; 07-09-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks, JR and appreciate your reply. All good advice, and suggestions.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
        X